The Student Room Group

Does cambridge or oxford take part in adjustment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Doonesbury
Read up on Cambridge Law entry requirements, and most importantly, the course.

Is it *really* worth the extra effort...

Only you can, er, judge that.

i think i am going for cambridge as the post grad route rather than under grad as durham i really loved and their is a very low chance of me getting into cambridge
Reply 81
Read up on Cambridge Law entry requirements, and most importantly, the course.

Is it *really* worth the extra effort...

Only you can, er, judge that.

i think i may just go to durham and look to cambridge as a post grad option as cambridge if i got in would be great but the odds are stacked against me it would seem
Reply 82
Original post by harry7788
i think i am going for cambridge as the post grad route rather than under grad as durham i really loved and their is a very low chance of me getting into cambridge

i think i may just go to durham and look to cambridge as a post grad option as cambridge if i got in would be great but the odds are stacked against me it would seem

The odds are significantly better than 1 in 4. A*A*A achieved puts you in a good place. But yes I think you're making the right decision. But do the Cambridge Advice Clinic thingy anyway - it's free :smile:
yeah i know a few students who have been accepted into cambridge this year and they have a wealth of archievements aswell which i clearly dont i think i will look to cambridge as a post grad route rather than under grad route

If you don't mind doing a gap year then you don't have anything to lose by applying to cambridge. Perhaps durham might be a bit annoyed and might not let you deffer entry but you could always reapply next year and I'm sure they would give you can unconditional offer. Perhaps the moral of the story is to go through with cambridge application in year 13 so you have no doubts over if you could have got in!
Reply 84
The odds are significantly better than 1 in 4. A*A*A achieved puts you in a good place. But yes I think you're making the right decision. But do the Cambridge Advice Clinic thingy anyway - it's free :smile:

yeah i will do it still and see what they say as it will be intresting to see what they say about my current situation
Also yeah nobody really knows what their chances of cambridge are. Only the admissions tutors will have any idea how you compare to other candidates in the interview after you've gone through with the interview.
Reply 86
Original post by black1blade
If you don't mind doing a gap year then you don't have anything to lose by applying to cambridge. Perhaps durham might be a bit annoyed and might not let you deffer entry but you could always reapply next year and I'm sure they would give you can unconditional offer. Perhaps the moral of the story is to go through with cambridge application in year 13 so you have no doubts over if you could have got in!

would durham not be slighly pissed off i deffer entry though and i wouldve applied to cambridge in year 13 but i didnt think i would get in as my predicted grades were AAB though so cambridge wouldve rejected me straight up without even intervewing me first (correct me if am wrong as AAB seems very low for cambridge to be accepting an offer)
Reply 87
Original post by black1blade
Also yeah nobody really knows what their chances of cambridge are. Only the admissions tutors will have any idea how you compare to other candidates in the interview after you've gone through with the interview.

i think it would be tbe interview part that i may slip upon as i dont think i would really have a chance against other very talented students who have a wealth of achievements
Reply 88
would durham not be slighly pissed off i deffer entry though and i wouldve applied to cambridge in year 13 but i didnt think i would get in as my predicted grades were AAB though so cambridge wouldve rejected me straight up without even intervewing me first (correct me if am wrong as AAB seems very low for cambridge to be accepting an offer)

You can't defer if you are applying to other universities. You will have to give up your Durham place and reapply there along with Cambridge, etc. Durham wouldn't "hold a grudge", but there's no 100% guarantee they will offer you a place.

Correct, AAB predictions would have probably not got you far with a Cambridge application (unless you had extenuating circumstances).
Reply 89
You can't defer if you are applying to other universities. You will have to give up your Durham place and reapply there along with Cambridge, etc. Durham wouldn't "hold a grudge", but there's no 100% guarantee they will offer you a place.

Correct, AAB predictions would have probably not got you far with a Cambridge application (unless you had extenuating circumstances).

no there was no extenuating circumstances by the way i think my teachers predicted my grades way less of my capabilities which i didnt really agree with as i wanted them to predict me at least 3 As which may of got me some where with cambridge and yeah that would be my big worry if i ended up witn durham giving me no offer along with cambridge
I have got my grades already and i did much better than expected which leads me to the question does either oxford or cambridge uni take part in adjustment as the grades ive got are enough to get into that of oxford or cambridge as ive checked both unis and for the course i am wanting to do ? any help

You have excellent prospects for a career as a lawyer, as despite your atrocious syntax, you have managed to spin a query that could have been answered with a simple Google search into a thread approaching 100 posts, and drawn in such TSR luminaries as @Plagioclase , @Doonesbury , @Reality Check , @The_Lonely_Goatherd, @Snufkin and @Zacken . Well played, sir!
Reply 91
Original post by OxFossil
You have excellent prospects for a career as a lawyer, as despite your atrocious syntax, you have managed to spin a query that could have been answered with a simple Google search into a thread approaching 100 posts, and drawn in such TSR luminaries as @Plagioclase , @Doonesbury , @Reality Check , @The_Lonely_Goatherd, @Snufkin and @Zacken . Well played, sir!

:lol: FWIW, 44/90 posts on this thread is the OP not knowing how to use the quote feature. :tongue:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
NB. You can't apply for both unless you're applying as an organ scholar :nah:

Hmm, forever the bias towards Early Church music :tongue: Although, Bach pieces always sound better on the organ than the piano....
Reply 93

thankyou i was just trying to see different points of views as i believe that i would be able to make a more informed decision that way rather than me just trying to go about making a decision my self :smile:
Reply 94

And you :tongue:

We just need @nexttime, @ageshallnot, @vincrows and @nulli tertius and we'll have a full set.
Reply 95
Original post by Zacken
:lol: FWIW, 44/90 posts on this thread is the OP not knowing how to use the quote feature. :tongue:

am a new user if it's any consolation im not used to this sort of format

And you :tongue:

We just need @nexttime, @ageshallnot, @vincrows and @nulli tertius and we'll have a full set.

:toofunny:

:ninja:

I think TSR acting as the Daily Mail with it's headline is at least 67% to blame. They may as well have gone the whole hog and had a field day with caps lock - Get into OXBRIDGE through ADJUSTMENT? Is it POSSIBLE?
Durham is as close as you can get to Oxbridge without going there. Take the offer now, instead of gambling next year.
Reply 99
Original post by Kyou
Durham is as close as you can get to Oxbridge without going there. Take the offer now, instead of gambling next year.

yeah i think i am going to stick with the offer from durham as i very much doubt id get an offer from cambridge even with the right entry grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending