CierraBelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My dad has been trying to login into his student finance account so he can support my application however it keeps saying that his account has been locked so he has to reset it, and whenever he does that it says
'An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.
The information you entered on the last page may not have saved correctly. This could be a temporary error. You can try again later (we suggest you allow a couple of hours). If you continue to see this message when you try again, please contact Student Finance England.'
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CierraBelle)
My dad has been trying to login into his student finance account so he can support my application however it keeps saying that his account has been locked so he has to reset it, and whenever he does that it says
'An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.
The information you entered on the last page may not have saved correctly. This could be a temporary error. You can try again later (we suggest you allow a couple of hours). If you continue to see this message when you try again, please contact Student Finance England.'
Hi CierraBelle,

I would suggest that you have you Dad call us on 0300 100 0607 ,so that we can check his account details and we can reset his password and Secret answer for him to allow his account to be unlocked.

Thanks
grumpydad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have the same problem (am a parent). I keep getting an error because I was trying to set up a new account when apparently I should have been using the same CRN I used for my own student loan 26 years ago! Surprisingly enough I seem to have forgotten that CRN!I can't pass the security questions to reset my password or get my CRN as I can't remember the address and postcode I used 26 years ago.Parents beware - if you EVER had a student loan, you have to use that old CRN. Hope you have better records than I do.
Grumpydad2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I am just starting the student finance application process as a parent and obviously everything is up in the air with coronavirus I too am in the same situation where I cannot log in having been a student from 20 odd years ago. Thing is the phone lines are not responding as the offices are closed and there is no email address. Any ideas?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Grumpydad2)
I am just starting the student finance application process as a parent and obviously everything is up in the air with coronavirus I too am in the same situation where I cannot log in having been a student from 20 odd years ago. Thing is the phone lines are not responding as the offices are closed and there is no email address. Any ideas?
Hi there, apologies for the delay in responding to your message. If you are not able to reset your login details online then we advise you to give us a call as soon as our contact centre opens.
Thanks, Isaac.
Literatelady
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just had exactly the same issue. How did you resolve it?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Literatelady)
Just had exactly the same issue. How did you resolve it?
Hi there, what issues are you experiencing? Are you on Virgin Media?
Thanks, Isaac
FrazzledMom
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I'm having the same problems - I tried to log in to support my son's application and it says I have an account but obviously I can't remember log on details if I ever had any back in the 1990's before computers were widely used! So I tried the phone line which it says is now open but only for urgent enquiries...the phone line says you can use it to reset password and logon details, but asks for a CRN as a starting point - but I don't know what that is as can't find original paperwork from 90's. The phone line won't do anything without this CRN just goes around on a loop asking for the CRN! Argh. Help!
NJ00
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello. I had the same issue as a parent. I got through on the phone line but also could not remember the details of my own student loan from 1990 (unsurprisingly!) I was asked to write a letter (not email) to SLC giving my full name, address, email and date of birth and they said that within 14 days of receipt of this, they would email me a link to reset my account. Only 10 days have passed so I can’t report on whether the system works yet. (They also said that because my son had applied for finance before the cut off date, his application would still be guaranteed even though my part wouldn’t be filled in before the May 22nd deadline.)
Unknownuser3291
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you need help with this call the sfe landline and then when the automated call asks for your customer reference number just say ‘I don’t know’ and it should skip this go through straight to student finance who you can talk to which might take a while as there are a lot of people calling right now. But they should send you a temporary password and memorable password to your email which you can use to log in
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Unknownuser3291)
If you need help with this call the sfe landline and then when the automated call asks for your customer reference number just say ‘I don’t know’ and it should skip this go through straight to student finance who you can talk to which might take a while as there are a lot of people calling right now. But they should send you a temporary password and memorable password to your email which you can use to log in
If you press option 1 then press option 2 it won't ask for any reference number.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads