Is this an average UKCAT score for dentistry??

Watch
FaZe Clan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I cant decide, is my position jepodised because of it? Is there/ what is the cut off score? I think its slightly below average but will that affect me a lot? Is the dentistry dream likely or not?

I took the test a few days ago and got: 2550 with and average score of 637.5
VR 550
DM 670
QR 700
AR 620
SJ Band 1
Ediesedgewick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You'll be fine with that. Just apply to universities that don't put a lot of emphasis like Bristol, Liverpool or Plymouth. I know many people who got interviews with slightly lower than that but it also depends on the percentiles too.
FaZe Clan
Rep:
?
But is the ukcat more or less influencial when it comes to dentistry vs medicine????
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FaZe Clan)
But is the ukcat more or less influencial when it comes to dentistry vs medicine????
Different universities but different weightings on the UKCAT scores - some universities will look at the personal statement more than the UKCAT whereas some universities the converse. It entirely depends on where you're applying. 637.5 is a decent score, and probably average. However, you'll have to wait and see until the percentiles are released
FaZe Clan
Rep:
?
Does the band one is SJ help out a lot or not at all. Do unis consider it? Will it boost my a ukcat and if so by how much. Perhaps relatively by points????
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does the band one is SJ help out a lot or not at all. Do unis consider it? Will it boost my a ukcat and if so by how much. Perhaps relatively by points????
I got SJ band 2 and received 3 offers, I think band 1 and 2 universities accept. Band 3 isn't preferable
FaZe Clan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sacred Ground)
I got SJ band 2 and received 3 offers, I think band 1 and 2 universities accept. Band 3 isn't preferable
But will a band 1 over a 2 be a deciding factor

Lets say two students did exactly the same everwhere else apart from ukcat. Who do they accept:

S1 - Av 680 band 2
S2 - Av 650 band 1
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But will a band 1 over a 2 be a deciding factor

Lets say two students did exactly the same everwhere else apart from ukcat. Who do they accept:

S1 - Av 680 band 2
S2 - Av 650 band 1

It's impossible to say whether it'd be a deciding factor because applicants personal statements are never identical, and they're more important that SJT
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads