Jobhunter1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Good Afternoon,

I have applied for a vacancy with barclays however i have recently been informed that they carry out backgroun checks.

Will this show any convictions from my past?
I have a football related assault conviction on my record and not sure if this shows up as part of there checks! Has anyone any experience on these things and know if i should be worried about this showing?

Any help is highly appreciated
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jobhunter1)
Good Afternoon,

I have applied for a vacancy with barclays however i have recently been informed that they carry out backgroun checks.

I have a football related assault conviction on my record and not sure if this shows up as part of there checks! Has anyone any experience on these things and know if i should be worried about this showing?

It depends.

What year did it take place.
How old were you?
Did it go to court or did you accept a caution?
What was the sentence?
Jobhunter1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is the issue i have a number of cautions from around 6/7 years ago for assaults.

One was suspended sentence over 6 years ago.
Ive had a number or small assault which where things like tag curfew or comunity service all roughly 5 years ago

The only recent one is from 4 years ago but it was in court for 3 years and i was sentenced to 9 months in jail for abh which is the one im concerned about.

Obviously im nothinf like that anymore and have done some serious growing up but im really wanting to earn these kind of wages these companies offer just worried about what these background checks show up as people are saying they only check for fraud with it being a job around money
Transw-Elspeth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,

Assault occasioning ABH (s.47 Offences Against the Person Act 1861), will NEVER be filtered. Additionally, If you have two (or more) ‘offences’ as part of one conviction, these will NEVER be filtered. Barclay's use basic disclosure checks, so if all your convictions are SPENT, the certificate should be clean.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-record-check

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...om-a-dbs-check

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgeba...s-convictions/

This is the issue i have a number of cautions from around 6/7 years ago for assaults.

Ive had a number or small assault which where things like tag curfew or comunity service all roughly 5 years ago

The only recent one is from 4 years ago but it was in court for 3 years and i was sentenced to 9 months in jail for abh which is the one im concerned about.

Obviously im nothinf like that anymore and have done some serious growing up but im really wanting to earn these kind of wages these companies offer just worried about what these background checks show up as people are saying they only check for fraud with it being a job around money
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Have you disclosed any of this to Barclays already? I'm sorry to say that with a record like this, I can't see them offering you employment (the rights and wrongs of this are for another thread).
freedom
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good Afternoon,

hey I have been in trouble in the past, message me please, maybe we can help each other out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed