The Student Room Group

Pretty Little Thing Sizing and fit? Do their clothes run big or small?

Im ordering from plt but not sure what size to get. In new look clothing Im a size UK 8 which is one size up from the models, and on plt the models wear size 8s though. I don't think Im the model size but for a size 8 the measurements are actually larger than new look's size 8.

Anyone who's ordered from there can tell me if prettylittlething.com generally runs big or small? Im in the US so returning is really expensive.

My measurements are 32-26.5-35.5

EDIT BY CT:

Official Pretty Little Thing Sizing Guide

20% off Pretty Little Thing Voucher Code
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Pretty Little Thing clothes are run a size small. Please order a size up . They actually used uk size.
(edited 5 years ago)
Not all the models on either site are the same size, so don't use that as a guideline to pick your size.

e.g. I bought a dress yesterday from New Look and the model was a size 10 (same as me despite her being 3in taller). Looking over PLT right now I'm seeing models of various sizes too.

edit: just realised this has been bumped. D:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
I orderd the acid wash denim jacket in a 12 and it came like a size 20 i could have fit two of me in it Im hoping it was just a mistake and not the actual sizing as i have ordered a size 10 in the same jacket as i got my refund
I ordered a size 6 dress in US size and wanted to know if I ordered in US size will it come as the UK size 2 or in US size?
Reply 5
we don't really have size 2 in the UK, that would be TINY. No-one usually wears smaller than a size 6 in the UK, which it petite, so I'd hazard a guess that if it is in the US size, it'll be about a 12 UK size (ish), or otherwise it may be in the UK size 6.P.s. as I'm writing this I'm realising your comment was submitted 4 months ago so I doubt it'll be helpful - but maybe it'll help someone else!
I’m from Australia and am usually a size 6. I ordered a size 6 pair of jeans from PLT and was worried that they might even be too small because of reviews like this saying they run a size small. However, I got my package today and my jeans are WAY too big. They don’t even fit around my waist at all, I have to wear a belt really tightly just so they stay up 😭 they feel about 2 sizes too big 😥 have to return them and it’s such a pain
Reply 7
The clothes run in doll sizes, brought a pair of jeans that I couldn't get my size 4 feet into and a top that I got trapped into
Reply 8
The shoes run extremely small as well I ordered a size US 10 UK 8 to be on the safe side (I’m a 9) I could NOT get my foot in the boot. Unbelievable.
Reply 9
I was just wondering when you ordered the size 10 did it fit you or was it still too big?? I ordered some stuff in a size 12 UK from prettylittlething and I had to return it because it was waayyyy too big on me, I’m thinking of ordering a size 10 instead but I’m wondering if that still might be too big
Original post by Apr1l04
I was just wondering when you ordered the size 10 did it fit you or was it still too big?? I ordered some stuff in a size 12 UK from prettylittlething and I had to return it because it was waayyyy too big on me, I’m thinking of ordering a size 10 instead but I’m wondering if that still might be too big

This thread is originally 2 years old, and the last post was 5 months ago.
Also, you haven't quoted any of the above posts, so you're unlikely to get an answer because whoever you're asking most likely won't realise you're asking them the question.
You're probably better off creating your own new thread with a similar title to the title of this old one, as you're much more likely to get answers from people.
Original post by Jasmynf
Im ordering from plt but not sure what size to get. In new look clothing Im a size UK 8 which is one size up from the models, and on plt the models wear size 8s though. I don't think Im the model size but for a size 8 the measurements are actually larger than new look's size 8.

Anyone who's ordered from there can tell me if prettylittlething.com generally runs big or small? Im in the US so returning is really expensive.

My measurements are 32-26.5-35.5

EDIT BY CT:

Official Pretty Little Thing Sizing Guide

20% off Pretty Little Thing Voucher Code

typically they run small but look at the reviews for each item as they can randomly size really large and oddly shaped. Also sometimes the small items will get better or worse with a wash.... It's a little like Russian roulette but with your boob pooping out of your crop top instead of being shot ...
i buy all my knickers from them and they fit lovely , but then i am a boy
Reply 13
Don't buy from pretty little thing!! They have zero transparency in their supply chains, if a cheap shop doesn't tell you how their workers are treated or paid then you can very easily assume it is poorly. They refused to shut their warehouses when workers felt unsafe during covid lockdowns last year. They have one of the worst sustainability records ever so are super bad for our poor dying planet.

I know it's hard but shopping ethically and avoiding stores like pretty little thing is one of the best things individuals can do for the planet and worker treatment around the world <3
Reply 14
A size 6 in the US is a UK size 10 not size 2. US clothes are 2 sizes smaller than the UK not 2 sizes bigger

Latest