The Student Room Group

A-Level Biology or Religious Studies?

Hey guys, so on August 24th I need to decide my final A-Level option. I have already chosen to do history, geography and government & politics but I'm not sure what I should do for my fourth one. I did my biology GCSE alone last year and got an A* and did well over all the papers, but it doesn't have the same essay style skills the rest of the subjects I'm doing have. I also think I would find RS a bit easier due to the content, but I'm interested in both courses. Any advice or comments would be appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
Is this even a question? Clearly choose biology...
Original post by ᒍack
Is this even a question? Clearly choose biology...

I think this but then I remember that RS more skills which link to the others (mainly critical thinking and essay based papers). I think if I did biology it wouldn't mix well with the others, based on what teachers have told me.
Reply 3
Original post by .Kekistan
I think this but then I remember that RS more skills which link to the others (mainly critical thinking and essay based papers). I think if I did biology it wouldn't mix well with the others, based on what teachers have told me.

RS for me was putting random word and phrases in quotes, because there's no way the examiner would know every quote in history :smile: Biology will be more fulfilling and a lot more hard work though...

Quick Reply

Latest