Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i need help..i got low AS grades watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i wana do medicine in 2005 but i got my AS's and they wernt wot i expected, i got A in psychology, B in chemistry, B in business studies and C in Biology. but i was only 1 mark off a B for bio so im gona retake a unit in that in jan but i still cant get it upto an A.. wot shud i do?

in chem i was 14 marks off an A so should i retake any units... :confused:

should i give up at medicine as i cant get in with these grades or should i keep goin and c wot i get in jan resits...i hav also opted to do medical sceince and human bio at bham just in case i dont get in for med.. and then go do med after i get a degree.. is that a gud idea? :confused:

i also need help with my personal statement...please help me...

ReputationRep:
    well from what i can see that mean you could get ABB at A-level. Have you thought about re-sitting modules to bump the other grades up. Or if that's too much, you could re-sit one and see if your teachers can predict you a grade up.

ReputationRep:
    they weren't low grades! they seem all right to me you're not a complete disaster yet.

ReputationRep:
    They are still way avove the national average AS achievement. Remember people seem to be able to get into good universities with just CCD at times.

ReputationRep:
    they are definately not bad grades. what does your uni require?
    you are still above average if that makes you feel any better. re-taking the subject you got the C in is a good idea, but really dont worry. your life hasnt ended yet...i assure you!

ReputationRep:
    i think if u got B's and C's for phy, chem or bio, its rather hard to get into medicine esp this year because ppl say a lvs are getting easier... more and more ppl are getting A's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley)
    i think if u got B's and C's for phy, chem or bio, its rather hard to get into medicine esp this year because ppl say a lvs are getting easier... more and more ppl are getting A's.
    i really hope you're being sarcastic. You're not very encouraging are you?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i know that my grades r okay but there not gud enuf to get in to bham, keele, nott and leicester..like stanley sed i need to get A's not B's :mad:

an even if i do resit in jan i mite get lower in my A2's cuz their hard enuf without the AS's

so im still stuk... and to make it worse i aint even got no experince for med.. so my personal statement is not gona stand out now is it!!

realisticly speekin i dont think im gona get into med.. so i relly need help

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a kick up the arse - you can now gauge how hard you need to work to secure AAB. As long as your predicted grades are OK, you do not need to declare your AS grades if you take them on to A2, you will be fine (provided you have work experience etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadia_rehman)
    i know that my grades r okay but there not gud enuf to get in to bham, keele, nott and leicester..like stanley sed i need to get A's not B's :mad:

an even if i do resit in jan i mite get lower in my A2's cuz their hard enuf without the AS's

so im still stuk... and to make it worse i aint even got no experince for med.. so my personal statement is not gona stand out now is it!!

realisticly speekin i dont think im gona get into med.. so i relly need help
    You still can!

now lets think:
    Your 3 AS levels that you may want to carry on lie at ABC
    The A which will hopefully stay consistant for A2
    Now you could ask your teachers to predict you up a grade from the B if you feel you are capable of achieving that.
    I would suggest resitting Biology to try and get an A if not a high B. You may still be able to get in with AAB if your p.s is good. Try and get some work experience this year even if it's only for a week.

ReputationRep:
    yeh that i can do.. my teachers will most likely predict me AAB anyway..

but i relly need help with my ps.. i dont know wot i should include..ive made a draft one but its crap.. and its too long

can u plz tell me the essential things that i need besides experince cuz i know i need that... thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadia_rehman)
    yeh that i can do.. my teachers will most likely predict me AAB anyway..

but i relly need help with my ps.. i dont know wot i should include..ive made a draft one but its crap.. and its too long

can u plz tell me the essential things that i need besides experince cuz i know i need that... thanx
    in your p.s it would be good to include:

-Enthusiasm for the course you wish to follow
    -clubs/societies you're involved in, in and out of school (would show good team skills)
    - You need to also show that you're social as well as academic.
    -try and get some work experience even if it's only for a week as that'll be a good thing to put on your p.s
    - anything you've won- prizes relevant to your subjects.
    -are you a prefect? if you are- mention that.
    -hobbies and interests

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself some work experience ASAP!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.