Elizabeth21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys
Can you let me know which is the easiest exam board for my GCSE exams?
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I did my GCSE's in 2015 AQA were nice for Science, and Maths best to go with Edexcel/AQA
JAMAL 69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
CCEA is the hardest
fliscia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That will probably depend on which subject you're going to take, like i think ocr is one of the easier exam boards for the new 9-1 maths.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would say AQA
Mr M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elizabeth21)
Hi Guys
There's no such thing. If an easiest board existed, every school would choose it to maximise their results. By the way, there are no boards, they are Awarding Bodies.
NerdyHannah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
youre very lucky if you get a choice. my school chooses ours. AQA and Edexcel are the best.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Guys
This again...

There isn't an 'easiest' one. They're all the same.
Rretini
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Edexcel RS was nice, but that was for the old spec. Agreeing with the posters above, there is no 'easy' exam board.
Thrillanthropist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Guys
My maths teacher told me that the New Edexcel Maths was 'harder' than our AQA 9-1 maths because of the complexity in the new content they needed to learn.

It really depends on the subject though, and what your definition of 'easier' is because they are essentially all the same. That is literally the point.

e.g OCR Music favours coursework (40%) wheras Edexcel music is only 30% coursework and 40% history/theory. As someone who is really good at music theory and only mediocre at composition, I'd find Edexcel more favourable, but not necessarily easier.

another example: OCR History has more papers and more topics than AQA history, but requires less depth on each topic. We switched from OCR to AQA because the History Head of Department thought the new OCR course was ridiculous.

Schools choose and change exam based on the content, and what they think is best for their students. But I repeat, they are the same.
russo25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
no... CIE igcse is by far the hardest
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Grade boundaries eliminate any disparity.
Katy_addams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
really depends, hands down Edexcel is best for history, business, science and maths (even tho i took my maths on AQA)
and then AQA is best for media, and probably english as well, but this year they messed up loads of questions and on my books gave questions that weren't in the spec
if you are thinking of doing geography but its WJEC board... DROP IT StRAIGHT AWAY. you probably dont do coursework, but their coursework is ridiculous, in the exam they also mark you for spelling and stuff and they made so many errors it was ridiculous. but i do have to say that apart from that the geog exams were pretty easy
eggyeol
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As others have said, I don't really think there is an ''easiest''. However, I often find that it's much easier to get resources for AQA exams compared to any other board and their website is simple to navigate too.
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's varying for each subject
TheConfusedMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Resource-wise, I would say AQA.

Spoiler:
Show

they also have nicer certificates than OCR, so there's that :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (224)
43.5%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.57%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
20.97%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed