Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in other words - the room has "character" !! i shall make it my own - a little libertines shrine!

- im 5ft 8, so maybe the bed wont be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    Lafrowda is not THAT bad. J block is used for PGCE students before it is used for BnB during the spring and summer terms and as such, is a bit ill equipped. K block, you will be glad to hear, has started to be updated and is almost to "enhanced" standards. The rooms are also not as small as people made out above, you can probably two beds side by side and still fit the desk in (in fact, I think some friends of mine did this when they were sleeping to gether). L block I beleive is now "Enhanced", as are N, P, Q and R. K was going through the change this time last year.

They also don't tend to put foreign students with undergraduate freshers. The good news is that you CAN change rooms from around the middle of week 1. Just make sure that you go in and apply to move asap and they should let you have a place if it comes up. The reason for this is that they allocate all places and then, if the tennant fails to turn up or drops out of university, the place becomes available and they can move someone else in. And if you want to complain, I beleive "Duncan" is a good guy to complain to, but playing your face or your mother crying will not get anything more than a cup of tea and a biscuit. If you are a nice friendly person they might bump you up the queue. Realistcly, you might be able to move between Weeks 3 and 8.

Also, dont scream at the mentors, it is not their fault.

Rowe house and St Germans is "2nd and 3rd years only", but it has been known for them to fill up places with freshers. Nash Grove is freshers only. The recently built Pensylvania Court out by Hope which is "self catered" and I think Postgrad only, but the kitchen is very very basic (I heard rumours of there being no cookers).

Spiders can happen anywhere, I lived in Rowe last year and we had some bloody big visitors aswell as a rats nest in S block.

Unofficial rumours are that Lafrowda is actually based off the design of a Swedish prison, after all why comission an architect when you can buy plans from another type of building designed to pack as many tennants into as small a space as possible. They also cant plaster the walls as that would apparently drop the floor space to less than the {some convention}'s smallest allowable living space.

Dont worry, it could be worse. You could be in Trenance....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cavey)
    Lafrowda is not THAT bad. J block is used for PGCE students before it is used for BnB during the spring and summer terms and as such, is a bit ill equipped. K block, you will be glad to hear, has started to be updated and is almost to "enhanced" standards. The rooms are also not as small as people made out above, you can probably two beds side by side and still fit the desk in (in fact, I think some friends of mine did this when they were sleeping to gether). L block I beleive is now "Enhanced", as are N, P, Q and R. K was going through the change this time last year.

They also don't tend to put foreign students with undergraduate freshers. The good news is that you CAN change rooms from around the middle of week 1. Just make sure that you go in and apply to move asap and they should let you have a place if it comes up. The reason for this is that they allocate all places and then, if the tennant fails to turn up or drops out of university, the place becomes available and they can move someone else in. And if you want to complain, I beleive "Duncan" is a good guy to complain to, but playing your face or your mother crying will not get anything more than a cup of tea and a biscuit. If you are a nice friendly person they might bump you up the queue. Realistcly, you might be able to move between Weeks 3 and 8.

Also, dont scream at the mentors, it is not their fault.

Rowe house and St Germans is "2nd and 3rd years only", but it has been known for them to fill up places with freshers. Nash Grove is freshers only. The recently built Pensylvania Court out by Hope which is "self catered" and I think Postgrad only, but the kitchen is very very basic (I heard rumours of there being no cookers).

Spiders can happen anywhere, I lived in Rowe last year and we had some bloody big visitors aswell as a rats nest in S block.

Unofficial rumours are that Lafrowda is actually based off the design of a Swedish prison, after all why comission an architect when you can buy plans from another type of building designed to pack as many tennants into as small a space as possible. They also cant plaster the walls as that would apparently drop the floor space to less than the {some convention}'s smallest allowable living space.

Dont worry, it could be worse. You could be in Trenance....
    Standard lafrowda IS that bad, and all standard flats have a mixture of foreign and english students.

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know is going to be in lafrowda, she's really lovely, just hang out with her, oh and by the way, if you run out of ANYTHING, anything at all she has bought like two of EVERYTHING so just ask her!!

And hey, ur only there for a year...you'll be fine, and by gettign a really **** room...your living the true uni expeience.....but as someone else has already said..just drink a lot and u wont even notice!

Jasmine

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.