The Student Room Group

What's the deal with tinder, guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Why for gay guys? to be friends?

Probably to find a gay best friend. Or just an idiot who set their own gender wrong.
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic to me ( OP) or to this response....

no, im being genuine, responding to him, i have no luck with women :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by Newbie_noob
I'm a good looking male loser who's not very socially active, i go out occasionally, pls give me tips oh mighty p u s s y slaying God.

no, im being genuine, responding to him, i have no luck with women :s-smilie:

There's no magical words when it comes to talking to girls, it's all about learning dynamics and logistics of the interaction as well as becoming and projecting the best version of yourself.

If you're from London and you're truly interested to have girls begging to sleep with you feel free to PM me and we can go for a session. :smile:
Original post by ForgetMe
Hey, you're not alone :tongue: It's almost exactly the same with gay guys too :erm: The guys I talked with all wanted to meet up and if I said let's not rush too much, they just disappeared :facepalm: There must some decent guys on there, you just have to go through a lot of randoms to get to the middle :colonhash:

I think I'm just going to delete the app 😅and never go back, honestly it's my mission to find someone this year, not priority because I'm going into my final year of uni lol. I don't know if I mentioned in the original post, that I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 22. I know some of you might say you don't need a guy for validation etc but it's not like that I would just like to experience a relationship and know how it feels for someone to like me and me like them.
I think now I would like some advice on how I could have a better chance of meeting someone, I will take it in and try my best 😩
Original post by Oblige
There's no magical words when it comes to talking to girls, it's all about learning dynamics and logistics of the interaction as well as becoming and projecting the best version of yourself.

If you're from London and you're truly interested to have girls begging to sleep with you feel free to PM me and we can go for a session. :smile:

lol I think he thought you were a guy, I knew you were a girl. Newbie_noob there you go someone interested in you 👀
I must be a minority because I've had 2 relationships, proper ones with people I've spoke to on tinder for like 2 weeks- a month and then met up and went out on dates. Just gotta look out for the right people x
I think I'm just going to delete the app 😅and never go back, honestly it's my mission to find someone this year, not priority because I'm going into my final year of uni lol. I don't know if I mentioned in the original post, that I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 22. I know some of you might say you don't need a guy for validation etc but it's not like that I would just like to experience a relationship and know how it feels for someone to like me and me like them.
I think now I would like some advice on how I could have a better chance of meeting someone, I will take it in and try my best 😩

Don't rush deleting it, you may miss the opportunity for a nice guy :tongue: Pff you're just 22 :tongue: I'm 28 and never had a boyfriend too but I don't stress about it :mmm:
lol I think he thought you were a guy, I knew you were a girl. Newbie_noob there you go someone interested in you 👀

Lol TSR is the last place I wish to meet someone.

Don't rush deleting it, you may miss the opportunity for a nice guy :tongue: Pff you're just 22 :tongue: I'm 28 and never had a boyfriend too but I don't stress about it :mmm:

28 is a long time, how do you manage to control your urges? :eek4:
Lol TSR is the last place I wish to meet someone.

28 is a long time, how do you manage to control your urges? :eek4:

Who said I didn't have some fun before? :colone: I've had couple of pickles in my jar before :sexface: Then settled for preserving my jar for the king of the pickles :colone:

I've got a few things to help me :colonhash:
People go on tinder for things other than easy hookup sex?
Reply 50

I'm a guy, so is Newbie_noob apparently.
Original post by Oblige
That's a terrible advice... They're suggesting you to choose the easiest and most comforting answer which is accept failure. Only a person who has very low self-esteem and is a loser themselves can give this advice to someone.

Here's logical and prosperous advice; I'm not saying that you have to go out and be easy on guys but never just "sit down and wait" because things will never come to you if you're expecting someone to knock at your door.

Dress nicely and go have a drink with your friends, if you aren't terrible looking guys will definitely try to approach you. Then again, most for sex and then your social intelligence must come into place to pre-select who seems worthy of your time.

Lol ok..... My parents met at 28 you never know. Don't make assumptions cos you just end up sounding like a tool 👍🏾 There's no loser over here pal. I feel you're gonna insult me the next address to me directly not to op.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by em211997
Lol ok..... My parents met at 28 you never know. Don't make assumptions cos you just end up sounding like a tool 👍🏾 There's no loser over here pal. I feel you're gonna insult me the next address to me directly not to op.

My apologies, it's never been my intention to offend you but was expressing my opinion regarding that mindset.

Regarding your parents, using anecdotes to form hardcore conjectures is absolutely irrelevant.

Nevertheless, I hope you have a nice day.
Original post by Oblige
My apologies, it's never been my intention to offend you but was expressing my opinion regarding that mindset.

Regarding your parents, using anecdotes to form hardcore conjectures is absolutely irrelevant.

Nevertheless, I hope you have a nice day.

How is that irrelevant? Not everyone finds someone in their early twenties so..... I was just telling op to chill and you call me a loser. How else am I supposed to see that?
Original post by soupsnakes
I met my boyfriend on Tinder 10 months ago. We actually spoke on Tinder and then Whatsapp for 2 months before actually meeting in person lol.

Although I gotta say, I probably only went on 8 proper dates and had over 600 matches during the year and a half I used Tinder. So that's at least 592 guys who it just went nowhere with. Either they didn't reply at all, they immediately asked for sex which I wasn't looking for, or the conversation just kinda dragged and neither of us were feeling it. So... I guess those aren't good odds.

So basically you gotta swipe through a lot of lazy guys who immediately ask for a hook-up to get the guys who want to talk. It is awful and time-consuming and there's a lot of disappointment along the way. I gave up on it a few times. In the end it was worth it. Hopefully it will be worth it for you too.

How did you know this guy was different? Did you just have things in common or was it more than that for you to keep talking / meet?
How did you know this guy was different? Did you just have things in common or was it more than that for you to keep talking / meet?

He's probably the only guy who didn't straight up ask her for sex. :biggrin:

Lol but i bet you've come closer to more than just kissing a guy though. It's kind of nice to hear you don't stress.
Who said I didn't have some fun before? :colone: I've had couple of pickles in my jar before :sexface: Then settled for preserving my jar for the king of the pickles :colone:

I've got a few things to help me :colonhash:

Seeeeee 😩😩😩
Original post by Sir Lucifer
🍑 show bobs

I don't need to, I have big boobs and you can't miss them in anything I wear, so it's not something that will change my luck
Original post by beckymclaughlin
I must be a minority because I've had 2 relationships, proper ones with people I've spoke to on tinder for like 2 weeks- a month and then met up and went out on dates. Just gotta look out for the right people x

Original post by UniWasEz
People go on tinder for things other than easy hookup sex?

Why can't I find them guys?!!!!! 😩😩😩😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending