Nottingham University and Christianity Watch

ConvertedWinger
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm a sixth former considering going to Nottingham University. Is it a good University for Christians? Are there many Christians at the uni? Are the Christian unions any good?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ConvertedWinger)
Hi, I'm a sixth former considering going to Nottingham University. Is it a good University for Christians? Are there many Christians at the uni? Are the Christian unions any good?
Moving this to the Nottingham forum

I don't know if the uni is 'good for Christians'. You're going there to study, nit just practice your faith. Whether or not the unions are any good will depend on what you want to get out of them. Have a look online here.
Dr Jake
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ConvertedWinger)
Can't speak from experience since I'm an atheist. I've seen plenty of prayer rooms. Here are some links for the Nottingham University Christian Union:
http://www.nucu.org/
https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/soci...hristianunion/
Christop
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A couple of my flatmates would go to Christian Union events every now and then and they enjoyed themselves
atomickitten
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there the chrisitan union ia quite big with a worship session in the main buildings on campus happening evert friday. They also have christian bible studies in halls called 920 groups. In feb they host a range of events such as text a toastie and faith based topical questions. Throughout the year there is a bible study mainly targeted at international students but other people go too. There are also a number of good churches in the area.
ConvertedWinger
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by atomickitten)
Hi there the chrisitan union ia quite big with a worship session in the main buildings on campus happening evert friday. They also have christian bible studies in halls called 920 groups. In feb they host a range of events such as text a toastie and faith based topical questions. Throughout the year there is a bible study mainly targeted at international students but other people go too. There are also a number of good churches in the area.
Thanks that sounds intriguing
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (140)
18.16%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.61%

Watched Threads