The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship. Should I worry?

Hello. I have secured a pre-apprenticeship with LMPQ, in which they will bring me in 2 days per week for 8 weeks, giving level 2 qualifications, during this time they will find a job, and then I would attend them 1 day per week for level 3, in IT. However, I am worrying about if they are unable to find me a job, since this starts in September, if they don't find one, by the end of November, colleges would have started, and I would be stuck to find one myself asap. I am 16 years old. Should I worry?
Reply 1
They should still be looking for the job till they find it for you. I started mine in November last year. Was worries as well that I was too late. Don't think you need to worry.
Reply 2
Original post by arjanvirdi
Hello. I have secured a pre-apprenticeship with LMPQ, in which they will bring me in 2 days per week for 8 weeks, giving level 2 qualifications, during this time they will find a job, and then I would attend them 1 day per week for level 3, in IT. However, I am worrying about if they are unable to find me a job, since this starts in September, if they don't find one, by the end of November, colleges would have started, and I would be stuck to find one myself asap. I am 16 years old. Should I worry?

Hi

I wouldn't worry about this at all. I imagine it would be within their contract with you that they have to secure you the job. It is also in their interest to find the right candidates (such as yourself) for the companies that they work with.

If you are really worried about this element, give them a quick call and talk it over with them. They would appreciate you being pro-active and checking all the details. You could even ask the type of jobs they are looking at for you and if there are any hopefuls to date. Question, question, question is always good in a work place!

As a back up, there is no harm in looking for different job opportunities for yourself in the meantime. Think about the type of career path you would want to take, jump on some of our career forums and ask questions of other people that are looking to work in that field or do work in that field already.

Good luck and drop me a note if you have any other questions!

Tagging a couple people in

Hi,

I understand your concerns and why you may feel worried, is this something that you have discussed with LMPQ? The good thing about apprenticeships is that they start at all different times throughout the year, they are very much like finding a job so it’s as and when an employer needs you to start. If you do end up without an employer to complete your apprenticeship you can look for other opportunities with different employers and training providers.

Finding apprenticeships has been made simpler by using the Gov.uk website - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

You also have the National Careers Service on hand to support you through your next steps, if you do end up in a position where you are looking for colleges later in the year many have enrolments taking place in January so there are a lot of options open to you. Give us a call to talk through this further on 0800 100 900 or search for us online to chat to an adviser on our website, send us an email or a text.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending