The Student Room Group

OLD SPEC AQA biology/Chem grade boundaries predictions 2017?

What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 1
Original post by coldwarm34
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

I'm a GCSE student but given that this is an outgoing specification there's a high chance that the grade boundaries will be quite high - though don't quote me word for word on that. It really depends on the difficulty of the papers, the examiners will always take that into consideration when setting the grade boundaries. Hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I'm a GCSE student but given that this is an outgoing specification there's a high chance that the grade boundaries will be quite high - though don't quote me word for word on that. It really depends on the difficulty of the papers, the examiners will always take that into consideration when setting the grade boundaries. Hope that helps.

So the papers for biology had some recycled questions from early years, and with chemistry, Chem 4 was ok and Chem 5 had some recycled questions. But I don't think the mark schemes will be the same, so it's so hard to tell lol
Reply 3
So the papers for biology had some recycled questions from early years, and with chemistry, Chem 4 was ok and Chem 5 had some recycled questions. But I don't think the mark schemes will be the same, so it's so hard to tell lol

the markschemes would have to be the same since if its the same question, an answer given on an old markscheme can't be wrong?
Reply 4
Original post by j5994
the markschemes would have to be the same since if its the same question, an answer given on an old markscheme can't be wrong?

True, but these were from 2010-2013 , idk man, really confused
Reply 5
True, but these were from 2010-2013 , idk man, really confused

who knows :'(, need these fkn boundaries ffs
Reply 6
Original post by j5994
who knows :'(, need these fkn boundaries ffs

Either they're really high or similar to a year, e.g biol5 highest is 67, could we see a 80/85 ? Just can't tell

Quick Reply

Latest