University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Uni of Essex Freshers Megathread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotYetAnEngineer
@titanium456

Is this your first year at Essex? If so I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed accomodation

yeap. just got acceptance into Keynes Tower. woohoo!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Nerdy question I know, but is anyone interested in mathematics? Often one of the less forgiving hurdles in a good number of subject areas. I'll be starting this year and have a keen interest in mastering a number of areas of mathematics and would be interested in forming a cross-discipline mathematics (including statistics) first year study group.

I am studying MSc Artificial Intelligence and much of the courses involved maths too... I am keen in your idea.. :smile:
Nerdy question I know, but is anyone interested in mathematics? Often one of the less forgiving hurdles in a good number of subject areas. I'll be starting this year and have a keen interest in mastering a number of areas of mathematics and would be interested in forming a cross-discipline mathematics (including statistics) first year study group.

🙋🏼Sounds like a pretty good idea 👍🏼😊
Original post by Makayla1
I'm studying Accounting and Finance with foundation year

I'm studying finance with foundation year where are you staying?
Huh, it just dawned on me that I posted on this and it was a year ago.... that went quick.
Btw you should all expect to get woken up at stupid times in south courts or the towers. Have fun. LOL
Okay so I just finished my accommodation application. I applied to the Meadows as my first preference and South Courts as my second. Which would you say is better for Social life and good room space?

Im not too sure now so I'm wondering whether I should change my first option to South Courts as everyone here seems to be in South Courts.
Reply 46
Original post by chantalc
Is anyone staying in Quays?

Yeah i'm staying in the quays as well. I'm taking psychoanalytic studies.
Reply 47
I may be blind but does any one know when shall i be in Colchester? Sorry for maybe stupid question, international newbie :smile:
As far as i understand i need to be there on the 1st of October till 7pm.
Reply 48
Original post by zerrvu
I may be blind but does any one know when shall i be in Colchester? Sorry for maybe stupid question, international newbie :smile:
As far as i understand i need to be there on the 1st of October till 7pm.

As far as I know accomodation opens from 10am-7pm on Sun 1st of October and the freshers events start then so that's when I'm going over.
Reply 49
Studying Computer science staying north towers
Original post by Darn880
Yeah i'm staying in the quays as well. I'm taking psychoanalytic studies.

Sounds cool. Im doing law with human rights
Original post by Dekoh
As far as I know accomodation opens from 10am-7pm on Sun 1st of October and the freshers events start then so that's when I'm going over.

How do you buy tickets to the freshers events?
Reply 52
Original post by shannonnxoxo
How do you buy tickets to the freshers events?

Go on this website (https://www.fatsoma.com/discover) and search Colchester in the locations bar.
The events and tickets should come up :smile:
Original post by Amaan Contractor
Anyone studying Law with Business?

Meeeeee
Reply 54
Original post by powerfan
I'm studying finance with foundation year where are you staying?

I am staying in South Courts.
I am staying in South Courts.

So am I where abouts in south courts?
Reply 56
Original post by powerfan
So am I where abouts in south courts?

Harwich
Harwich

Omg I'm staying in Harwich too!! Let's chat :smile:
Reply 58