The Student Room Group

Anybody else think modern technology is overrated?

Hey, I think modern technology is overrated. Fair enough computers do have their uses for basic things such as research. However things like Facebook are just a distraction. People seem to be too addicted to their phones, when I'm about town I notes a huge amount of people walking around with their mobile phones out.

Anyone else think modern technology is overrated?
Reply 1
Only me then..
I do
Original post by Alan-Moore
Hey, I think modern technology is overrated. Fair enough computers do have their uses for basic things such as research. However things like Facebook are just a distraction. People seem to be too addicted to their phones, when I'm about town I notes a huge amount of people walking around with their mobile phones out.

Not really.

Modern technology as completely changed the way we live our lives. It has allowed people to send messages across the world to friends and families within a second. It has allowed us to organise our lives better, discover knowledge at a click of a button, it has taken us to the moon and back, and much more.

I think just because a few teenagers like to play candy crush and be on Facebook a little too much, we shouldn't let that skew our perceptions of what modern technology as done for our civilisation.

Overrated in terms of overused? yeah, I would say. I just use the modern technology where it is needed.
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
Overrated in terms of overused? yeah, I would say. I just use the modern technology where it is needed.

Yeah, I do the same.
Yeah, I do the same.

Fine. There are another things which have nothing to do with modern technology, reading a book for instance. That is what I do so much.
Well, my 30-year-old desktop keyboard is definitely better than any of the modern tat built today, but I'll take my modern laptop and phone over the options from 30 years ago any day.
I do not think people use social media, and modern technology just because they are really into it. Many people just use what other people use. Humans are like cattle. They have friends that use it, they want to be in on it too. Most people have mixed feelings about it.

I do not exactly hear people say " My Facebook is my favorite pass time" Though some do seem to spend all their free-time on there.
no it's not overrated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending