Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Jools (or anyone, but you seem to know a lot on this): when it comes to oxford, what is considered 'cheap' for drinks/entrance? And which bars are cheap?

You say about the PTY being cheap, but £2 a pint isn't overly cheap. Not bad, but if it's the cheapest place in town (other than the union bar) it seems a bit much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Jools (or anyone, but you seem to know a lot on this): when it comes to oxford, what is considered 'cheap' for drinks/entrance? And which bars are cheap?

You say about the PTY being cheap, but £2 a pint isn't overly cheap. Not bad, but if it's the cheapest place in town (other than the union bar) it seems a bit much.
    For Oxford bars, £2/pint is cheap. I also say PTs is cheap because it's free entry any night, usually a club of its standard would be £3 in Oxford. Cheapest for pints you'll get is Oxford Union (£1), then college bars are ~£1.50/pint. In the city at pubs they're usually ~£2.50 but can often exceed £3. At most clubs all bottles - beers or Smirnoff/WKD etc is £3.

For more on drinking prices my friend wrote Oxford's pub reviews, and my club reviews (also has some bars) is in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    not really worth joining TBH. i've been to a few talks and they have been nothing special.

they do throw good parties tho..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.