The Student Room Group

can i still get into sixth form even if i get 4 b+ instead of 5 if i retake one?

is it possible for me to retake a gcse to get into my sixth form if I am I subject of getting in and will they still accept me?
Reply 1
I honestly wouldn't worry about that until your results are in front of you. You can always appeal to the head of sixth form and, especially if it's your school, they might let you in anyway (especially if you have the requirements for the subjects you want to study). Good luck for results day (I'm sure you will get the grades you need) :smile:
Reply 2
thankyou! ive been here since nursery but my new head that came in last year is apparently strict about it. hopefully i wont need to do it anyways XD
Original post by oboejoe
I honestly wouldn't worry about that until your results are in front of you. You can always appeal to the head of sixth form and, especially if it's your school, they might let you in anyway (especially if you have the requirements for the subjects you want to study). Good luck for results day (I'm sure you will get the grades you need) :smile:
Original post by Chad S
is it possible for me to retake a gcse to get into my sixth form if I am I subject of getting in and will they still accept me?

We can't tell you. It depends on the rules of your Sixth Form.

Quick Reply

Latest