The Student Room Group

I'm happy I didn't get into my firm choice of Uni, AMA!

3 years ago I got my A Level results and I didn't get into my firm. I got into my insurance choice and I'm so happy I did! Ask me anything?! :biggrin:

How are you guys feeling about results day?

#ResultsProud

Scroll to see replies

What was your firm vs insurance and what did you apply for/ get...
What were your results?
Original post by BurstingBubbles
3 years ago I got my A Level results and I didn't get into my firm. I got into my insurance choice and I'm so happy I did! Ask me anything?! :biggrin:

How are you guys feeling about results day?

#ResultsProud

Were you upset at the time?
What factors meant that you preferred your insurance course over your firm course?
What grades did you need for both courses?
Reply 6
What university did you end up going to?
Original post by FaZe Clan
What was your firm vs insurance and what did you apply for/ get...

Original post by YaliaV
What grades did you need for both courses?

Original post by Merlin98
What were your results?

My firm was ABB, my insurance was BBB, I got AAC and although that's the same UCAS points as ABB, my course was so competitive. I applied for Speech and Language therapy and I am now a Speech and language therapist :smile:
Is TSR your spare work or a hobby ?
What was your firm and insurance uni ?
Is tomorrow the busiest time of the year for you ?
Original post by lewjen
What factors meant that you preferred your insurance course over your firm course?

It was closer to home, but not too close that I could see my family and friends but still have my independence. The course was really good and gave me so much experience and opportunities to develop my skills which I believe helped me get my dream job :biggrin:

Original post by Spratty
What university did you end up going to?

BCU, the healthcare courses are brill :smile:

Original post by LazyStudent456
Were you upset at the time?

Yes very, I really considered having a gap year and resitting the C in Biology, but I'm really glad I didn't, because it hasn't hindered me at all and now I'm in a job and working!
Original post by bobby147
Is TSR your spare work or a hobby ?
What was your firm and insurance uni ?
Is tomorrow the busiest time of the year for you ?

It's my hobby, but I'm currently off work this week which includes currently being sat in the TSR Office/HQ :biggrin:
Manchester and BCU :smile:
It is very busy for TSR, the office is buzzing and all ready to help!

Have/are you doing A Levels?
It's my hobby, but I'm currently off work this week which includes currently being sat in the TSR Office/HQ :biggrin:
Manchester and BCU :smile:
It is very busy for TSR, the office is buzzing and all ready to help!

Have/are you doing A Levels?

Yep i have completed my A levels in Maths,Biology and Chemistry,now I am nervously awaiting my results:s-smilie:.
Yep i have completed my A levels in Maths,Biology and Chemistry,now I am nervously awaiting my results:s-smilie:.

Best of luck with for tomorrow, but I promise it is not the be all and end all! What are you hoping to do after? :smile:
How did you deal with the initial disappointment of not getting your offer, and what advice would you give to someone in the same position?
Best of luck with for tomorrow, but I promise it is not the be all and end all! What are you hoping to do after? :smile:

Probably some fast food.That all,probably some sleep.I don't have an interesting life.
Original post by shadowdweller
How did you deal with the initial disappointment of not getting your offer, and what advice would you give to someone in the same position?

I didn't initially, I cried... a lot. I had to decide whether to spend a year retaking the subject or to go to the insurance. I really didn't know what to do! I was worried about sorted my accommodation at my insurance etc., but it all worked out in the end. I went for it with my insurance choice, and so glad I did. Luckily my family were really supportive, but I know not everyone's are. The teachers and staff were really helpful too!

At the end of the day, I qualified with the same degree and have been able to do the same career, the name of a university doesn't always make a big a difference as people think :smile:
Probably some fast food.That all,probably some sleep.I don't have an interesting life.

Oh sorry, I meant like uni/job etc. wise? :smile:
Oh sorry, I meant like uni/job etc. wise? :smile:

Oh Biomedical science Msci at University of Warwick,although I am hoping to switch to Applied medical science Msci at UCL via adjustment.
Oh Biomedical science Msci at University of Warwick,although I am hoping to switch to Applied medical science Msci at UCL via adjustment.

Ooh amazing! Very sciency then! What are you most looking forward to about it? And why Warwick/UCL? :smile:
Good luck everyone! Try and get some sleep and I'll be on tomorrow and in the TSR office if you need any help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest