Conorr98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
#1
So I get my results tomorrow, I am nervous, im predicted 3 D* but we will see tomorrow.

I've got my unconditional offer already as I was offered it a while back, long story short the unconditional offer was originally my second choice but due to me not having my gcse maths my first choice was very adamant that I needed a C in maths to even be considered onto my course. After weeks of battling with them about any way around the maths like if I did achieve 3 D* which was above their expected grades to get onto the course, I eventually decided that I should withdraw from them as I'm not predicted a grade C in maths when I get my final attempts results at it next week Thursday. At the time I was happy with my decision of declining and accepting my insurance choice as my firm unconditional and I was really excited about going to this uni.

I'm at that stage now where I'm kind of like, I want to go to the uni that I have confirmed and have the accommodation and everything ready but another part of me is saying that this wasn't your first choice you won't be happy here, even though when I went to open days I liked the uni and location and everything. However I'm now in limbo as to whether I should go through adjustment or try clearing maybe,.. or just stick with this uni in the hope that I like it. Money also is playing a part, when I logged on to book my accommodation the only two left where the most expensive ones meaning that I have not much to live on a week so this is another stress factor for me even though I'm working a lot st the moment to save money ready for uni

My question about adjustment was would I be able to use it even if I have a confirmed unconditional offer or would in this situation have to go through clearing in the hope that I get a similar offer to the one I have confirmed now
0
reply
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#2
Report 2 years ago
#2
(Original post by Conorr98)
So I get my results tomorrow, I am nervous, im predicted 3 D* but we will see tomorrow.

I've got my unconditional offer already as I was offered it a while back, long story short the unconditional offer was originally my second choice but due to me not having my gcse maths my first choice was very adamant that I needed a C in maths to even be considered onto my course. After weeks of battling with them about any way around the maths like if I did achieve 3 D* which was above their expected grades to get onto the course, I eventually decided that I should withdraw from them as I'm not predicted a grade C in maths when I get my final attempts results at it next week Thursday. At the time I was happy with my decision of declining and accepting my insurance choice as my firm unconditional and I was really excited about going to this uni.

I'm at that stage now where I'm kind of like, I want to go to the uni that I have confirmed and have the accommodation and everything ready but another part of me is saying that this wasn't your first choice you won't be happy here, even though when I went to open days I liked the uni and location and everything. However I'm now in limbo as to whether I should go through adjustment or try clearing maybe,.. or just stick with this uni in the hope that I like it. Money also is playing a part, when I logged on to book my accommodation the only two left where the most expensive ones meaning that I have not much to live on a week so this is another stress factor for me even though I'm working a lot st the moment to save money ready for uni

My question about adjustment was would I be able to use it even if I have a confirmed unconditional offer or would in this situation have to go through clearing in the hope that I get a similar offer to the one I have confirmed now
We have our fingers crossed for you!

If you had an unconditional offer that you firmed, you can't use adjustment unfortunately. It's only for if you met your grades and then exceeded them, which isn't the case with an unconditional offer. Your options would be to enter clearing by asking to be placed there by your firm choice, go to your firm choice, or reapply next year
0
reply
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#3
Report 2 years ago
#3
(Original post by Conorr98)
So I get my results tomorrow, I am nervous, im predicted 3 D* but we will see tomorrow.

I've got my unconditional offer already as I was offered it a while back, long story short the unconditional offer was originally my second choice but due to me not having my gcse maths my first choice was very adamant that I needed a C in maths to even be considered onto my course. After weeks of battling with them about any way around the maths like if I did achieve 3 D* which was above their expected grades to get onto the course, I eventually decided that I should withdraw from them as I'm not predicted a grade C in maths when I get my final attempts results at it next week Thursday. At the time I was happy with my decision of declining and accepting my insurance choice as my firm unconditional and I was really excited about going to this uni.

I'm at that stage now where I'm kind of like, I want to go to the uni that I have confirmed and have the accommodation and everything ready but another part of me is saying that this wasn't your first choice you won't be happy here, even though when I went to open days I liked the uni and location and everything. However I'm now in limbo as to whether I should go through adjustment or try clearing maybe,.. or just stick with this uni in the hope that I like it. Money also is playing a part, when I logged on to book my accommodation the only two left where the most expensive ones meaning that I have not much to live on a week so this is another stress factor for me even though I'm working a lot st the moment to save money ready for uni

My question about adjustment was would I be able to use it even if I have a confirmed unconditional offer or would in this situation have to go through clearing in the hope that I get a similar offer to the one I have confirmed now
Hi Conorr98

As per the last reply, in this situation you would have to get in touch with the university whose offer you have accepted and ask them to release you into Clearing.

It's a really tough decision to make, especially as you've already been to an Open Day at this university and visited campus (presumably you liked what you saw) and you have sorted your accommodation (although it's more expensive that you'd hoped).

Why don't you do some research this evening and look at other universities and courses that are of interest - just in case you do decide to go through the Clearing process.

See what tomorrow brings, but if you're still feeling unsure, it might be best to reapply to make sure you get what you really want.

Best of luck
Claire - UoH
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.34%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.56%
Loneliness (81)
10.51%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.47%

Watched Threads

View All