The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hi
I'm non EU citizen (immigrants worker)and spouse of EU citizen, living in London for 4 years now,
Previously last 3 years I was an international student and last I married ,
Am I eligible for student finance to finish my graduation, I need a year to finish it as previously I did my HND in business.

Please anyone advise me as soon possible as I would like to start this September

Thanks all
Hi Xaved,

I just wanted to ask you a few more questions in relation to your query to ensure I am giving you the correct information.

Firstly, did you get funding from student finance for your HND? For the 2017/18 academic year are you doing a one year end/on or top up course to get your degree, or are you going into the third year of a three year degree course?

Also could you confirm your current Home Office status and when this was awarded? Do you have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE)?

Thanks
Reply 2
Hi Laura ,
Thanks to contact me,
I did my HND with my own money being an international student.

I married 1 year ago with EU wife and now I have EU Family Members BRP Card issued 28/07/2017.

I am going to Top up to finish my degree and I have already confirmed my place in Middlsex University London.

And My wife is a Spanish Citizen who is studying as a EU Migrant worker
And Expiary date of my BRP 28/7/2022,

However, by this time of expiry of my BRP I can apply for Naturalization as it will be 10 years of my living in uk.

Looking forward to hearing as soon as possible plz

Thanks
JABED

QUOTE=Laura S SFE;73255388]Hi Xaved,

I just wanted to ask you a few more questions in relation to your query to ensure I am giving you the correct information.

Firstly, did you get funding from student finance for your HND? For the 2017/18 academic year are you doing a one year end/on or top up course to get your degree, or are you going into the third year of a three year degree course?

Also could you confirm your current Home Office status and when this was awarded? Do you have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE)?

Thanks
Reply 3
Hi Laura , Thanks to contact me, I did my HND with my own money being an international student.

I married 1 year ago with EU wife and now I have EU Family Members BRP Card issued 28/07/2017.

I am going to Top up to finish my degree and I have already confirmed my place in Middlsex University London. And My wife is a Spanish Citizen who is studying as a EU Migrant worker And Expiary date of my BRP 28/7/2022,

However, by this time of expiry of my BRP I can apply for Naturalization as it will be 10 years of my living in uk.

Thanks
JABED
Original post by Xaved
Hi Laura , Thanks to contact me, I did my HND with my own money being an international student.

I am going to Top up to finish my degree and I have already confirmed my place in Middlsex University London. And My wife is a Spanish Citizen who is studying as a EU Migrant worker And Expiary date of my BRP 28/7/2022,

Thanks
JABED

Hi Xaved

You have said that you married 1 year ago with EU wife and now I have EU Family Members BRP Card issued 28/07/2017, can you advise what your status in the UK was prior to this.

Thanks Rona
Reply 5
Hi Rona,
Thanks to reply..

Before that I was international student for 3 years. And my wife is EU Migrant worker , she also studying in the uk financed by SFE

JABED
Reply 6
Can someone please reply to my last quarry with accordance of my last conversation

Thanks
JABED
Original post by Xaved
Hi Rona,
Thanks to reply..

Before that I was international student for 3 years. And my wife is EU Migrant worker , she also studying in the uk financed by SFE

JABED

Quick Reply

Latest