RattyVlogger
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just so scared ..... I dont even know what will happen because of the grade boundaries. Never felt this anxious before
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The wait is nearly over, which is some comfort. For now just focus on trying to relax How do you think you've done?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RattyVlogger)
Just so scared ..... I dont even know what will happen because of the grade boundaries. Never felt this anxious before
If you need any help tomorrow there will be plenty of people on site to help you, but hopefully you've get the grades you need
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The grade boundaries don't change anything, just try to distract yourself and tire yourself out so you get a good night sleep
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, sorry you're so anxious. Grade boundaries are a mixed blessing in this way- they can be reassuring, but they can also just make you feel worse. At the end of the day you can't change your result now though, much as you probably wish you could! Try and settle down and get some sleep at a sensible time. Have a warm bath, hot chocolate, cuddle a pet read, play a game, listen to music, whatever might calm you down. TSR probably isn't the best place to be unfortunately. Then in the morning you'll hopefully be rested and in the best place to be talking to universities etc if it is that you didn't get the results you were hoping for. That or to go out and celebrate good luck!
josaltzman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I honestly relate so hard right now. I was so scared at the start of the summer (I literally had a nightmare about results day like every other night lmao) but then this week I've been strangely calm... until right now. Good luck for tomorrow, and remember that ultimately, although we all care about doing well, grades aren't the end of everything
alone231
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
breathe and pray
EstelOfTheEyrie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're not the only one who's terrified of what tomorrow will bring, so I'd say try and chat with other people (if that doesn't stress you out; if it does, then stay away from that)
What subjects are you collecting results for tomorrow?
RattyVlogger
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrDystopia)
The wait is nearly over, which is some comfort. For now just focus on trying to relax How do you think you've done?
I honestly dont know . I take Biology, Chemistry and Maths . All exams were so unpredictable and have honestly left me guessing. Also for the sciences I did so many past papers yet the actual papers were so different.
RattyVlogger
Rep:
?
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
You're not the only one who's terrified of what tomorrow will bring, so I'd say try and chat with other people (if that doesn't stress you out; if it does, then stay away from that)
What subjects are you collecting results for tomorrow?
Maths, Chemistry and Biology . I dont know how I have done tbh
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I honestly dont know . I take Biology, Chemistry and Maths . All exams were so unpredictable and have honestly left me guessing. Also for the sciences I did so many past papers yet the actual papers were so different.
I did the same A Levels, albeit 5 years ago, so I can empathise with how much of a shock it can be when things as clear cut as the sciences don't go how you expected. As others have said, it's worth thinking forwards and ensuring you're in the right frame of mind, whatever happens tomorrow. What is your offer/course/uni choices?
EstelOfTheEyrie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maths, Chemistry and Biology . I dont know how I have done tbh
I'm getting history, Literature, and Classics and I have no idea either. Some papers went horribly and some seemed almost too easy? (some of the questions were reworded exemplar questions)
But you'll be fine! I have faith in you!
RattyVlogger
Rep:
?
(Original post by josaltzman)
I honestly relate so hard right now. I was so scared at the start of the summer (I literally had a nightmare about results day like every other night lmao) but then this week I've been strangely calm... until right now. Good luck for tomorrow, and remember that ultimately, although we all care about doing well, grades aren't the end of everything
Thank you and goodluck to you aswell.
RattyVlogger
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrDystopia)
I did the same A Levels, albeit 5 years ago, so I can empathise with how much of a shock it can be when things as clear cut as the sciences don't go how you expected. As others have said, it's worth thinking forwards and ensuring you're in the right frame of mind, whatever happens tomorrow. What is your offer/course/uni choices?
I am taking a gap year but hope to apply to LSE and study finance. I just hope that I get the grades.
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am taking a gap year but hope to apply to LSE and study finance. I just hope that I get the grades.
That understandable. All the best of luck for tomorrow, if you need absolutely anything, just ask. No doubt the anxiety is horrendous, but you're very nearly there
RattyVlogger
Rep:
?
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
I'm getting history, Literature, and Classics and I have no idea either. Some papers went horribly and some seemed almost too easy? (some of the questions were reworded exemplar questions)
But you'll be fine! I have faith in you!
Good luck. I'm still so annoyed about the specification change ...our teachers literally didnt know what to expect and who can blame them when the textbooks had chunks that we didnt need. I guess it is what it is though.
KappaRoss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Looking forward to clearing. fuking OCR biology RIP me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads