Applying for student finance after deadline Watch

Dylan_Chaouat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi !

I have applied for an EU tuition fee loan 2016/17 twice before the deadline (9month after start of the course), twice it got refused because I didn't apply properly. The second time I did my application I didn't realise they refused it until after the deadline. That's when I called them and asked for help, they told me that they could see in my records that I have tried to apply twice before the deadline and so it should be fine if I re apply correctly this time. Thats what I did but now they sent me a letter saying ''you are ineligible to get financed because you applied after the deadline''. I am very confused, they told me it will be fine but my application got refused?? I have been at my uni for a year now, passed all my modules, and supposed to proceed to the next year but I still haven't paid my first year because of that and I don't know what to do. Help please. I need that loan otherwise I believe I cannot proceed to the next year, and I can't pay for the first year myself anyways...
username3482254
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dylan_Chaouat)
Hi !

I have applied for an EU tuition fee loan 2016/17 twice before the deadline (9month after start of the course), twice it got refused because I didn't apply properly. The second time I did my application I didn't realise they refused it until after the deadline. That's when I called them and asked for help, they told me that they could see in my records that I have tried to apply twice before the deadline and so it should be fine if I re apply correctly this time. Thats what I did but now they sent me a letter saying ''you are ineligible to get financed because you applied after the deadline''. I am very confused, they told me it will be fine but my application got refused?? I have been at my uni for a year now, passed all my modules, and supposed to proceed to the next year but I still haven't paid my first year because of that and I don't know what to do. Help please. I need that loan otherwise I believe I cannot proceed to the next year, and I can't pay for the first year myself anyways...
Why did you apply so late? You should have applied before the uni year began.

The letter could be an error. Call them and tell them about the letter. Hopefully they'll say it was a mistake and you can continue with you student finance application like they told you the last time you called them. If you are unable to get the tuition fee loan then talk to your uni about it, maybe you can apply for a loan from the uni like a hardship loan. If you need help with your student finance application then ask someone for help. Your family would be a good place to start or ask student finance of anything you aren't sure of but the application isn't really difficult. Make sure to apply for your second year finance asap as well, don't leave it late again. You should really apply now to prevent this happening again.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (286)
15.15%
The paper was reasonable (1048)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (409)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.68%

Watched Threads