The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What is the muslim equivalent of the male hijab in the everyday life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
Lies. I've seen Muslim dudes walking around shirtless in 20C weather chatting up random girls walking by. Please.

muslim men are supposed to cover from their belly button to their knees.
it's their choice if they want to do it,same thing for women who don't wear hijab but it's something that should do.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tamanna___
There is also a "hijab" for men, hijab not just the physical scarf, there is also hijab of the mind, the eyes etc (to not think bad thoughts, to lower your gaze in respect of women). Physically- Men are supposed to wear loose garments, which cover the legs but stop at the ankle, they should also wear a prayer hat.. in my life I always see the men wearing clothes like this, but obviously every Muslim is at different stages with the hijab... having said that I get your point I think it's clear that more women wear the hijab than men but that's due to the culture, where men are considered to be more superior than women, that's all bs though

"Hijab of the mind?" Lol stop it. I'm asking for one thing and one thing only, and only muslims taking it personally will agree with you which is fine.

No one here has seen the average everyday young Muslim guy wear a headscarf, just stop it.
Reply 62
OP can't see the hypocrisy. He's adamant for women to take off the hijab but isn't that the same thing as forcing women to wear the hijab in the first place?
Yes, tell me. Is there even one?

I ask because recently I was at uni to meet with a personal tutor cos I've finally decided to enrol again. And whilst waiting for them I saw a lot of students come in. And I saw girls with the scarf and then I saw guys. I didn't even know they were together till one guy walked over to a girl to take some papers from her and handed it to a staff member. And turns out he's her brother.

But while she's in the head scarf thing and the long dress stuff they wear, he's got a trackie on and trainers and no scarf at all or nothing lol. And I see this a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a modern secular male Muslim wear anything special while the women in their lives do.

So I ask: what do modern secular young men wear to protect them from sin or whatever the hijab is for? Thanks. I come in peace :adore:.

You seen an arab? He covers his head (like a woman) he wears a long upto ankles robe/top (luke a woman) so how can idiots say it's hypocrisy. Yes I agree, why don't we see them wear it here, though seen greeb turbaned guys around with long garments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
"Hijab of the mind?" Lol stop it. I'm asking for one thing and one thing only, and only muslims taking it personally will agree with you which is fine.

No one here has seen the average everyday young Muslim guy wear a headscarf, just stop it.

You haven't responded to any of my points, please do.

Your logic is laughable quiet frankly, you think the religion is a joke because of the fact men don't have to wear a hijab.

Respond quickly please, I like embarrassing trolls
Reply 65

I ask because recently I was at uni to meet with a personal tutor cos I've finally decided to enrol again. And whilst waiting for them I saw a lot of students come in. And I saw girls with the scarf and then I saw guys. I didn't even know they were together till one guy walked over to a girl to take some papers from her and handed it to a staff member. And turns out he's her brother.

But while she's in the head scarf thing and the long dress stuff they wear, he's got a trackie on and trainers and no scarf at all or nothing lol. And I see this a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a modern secular male Muslim wear anything special while the women in their lives do.

So I ask: what do modern secular young men wear to protect them from sin or whatever the hijab is for? Thanks. I come in peace :adore:.

There isn't one coz man get huge boner when see woman but when woman see man then the woman not get huge boner
Original post by h333
Men have to dress modestly also. Their clothing should also be loose and they should grow their beards (highly recommended).

Hijab includes the way a person walks, talks, looks and thinks. All of it should be done modestly and applies to both men and women.

I don't care about what it includes, nice try. I'm on about the physical scarf, stop reaching. Men don't have to cover up nor grow the beard, nor do they even if they have to, or are given choice. If women decided to walk around without the hijab I really wanna know what would happen even though I have a great idea.

Original post by amiira456
muslim men are supposed to cover from their belly button to their knees.
it's their choice if they want to do it,same thing for women who don't wear hijab

It's not a choice and you know it's not. There's no choice, it's highly compelled with the threat of being ostracized, disowned, not marriage material, and nonsense, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to wear it.
Original post by SMEGGGY
You seen an arab? He covers his head (like a woman) he wears a long upto ankles robe/top (luke a woman) so how can idiots say it's hypocrisy. Yes I agree, why don't we see them wear it here, though seen greeb turbaned guys around with long garments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok once again for the 100th time, I'm talking about the guys just walking around here, and you said it yourself, just now, they don't wear it here. So stop talking about in other places. I'm talking about (and don't act like you haven't seen it), while a man is with a woman, he is wearing whatever he wants, tight v-necks, Gucci, trackies, ripped jeans, Jordans, whatever, and she's next to him his sister, daughter, wife wearing a hijab. It's one-sided, come on, don't play this game. And don't slyly call me an idiot for thinking it's hypocritical because it is.
Reply 68
look how triggered you are. And yet not once even after 4 consecutive posts, have you provided useful information. :congrats:

A nice debate has taken place without you, thank you very much. And everyone here has failed to provide the hijab equivalent for men.

Can you not read? Lowering gaze, wearing loose clothing, not showing private parts, not exposing your figure (e.g. muscles), no gold

GOOOOOOOOGLE :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1502926866390.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H4mbo
There isn't one coz man get huge boner when see woman but when woman see man then the woman not get huge boner

I'm sorry WHAT? :rofl:
Reply 71
Ok once again for the 100th time, I'm talking about the guys just walking around here, and you said it yourself, just now, they don't wear it here. So stop talking about in other places. I'm talking about (and don't act like you haven't seen it), while a man is with a woman, he is wearing whatever he wants, tight v-necks, Gucci, trackies, ripped jeans, Jordans, whatever, and she's next to him his sister, daughter, wife wearing a hijab. It's one-sided, come on, don't play this game. And don't slyly call me an idiot for thinking it's hypocritical because it is.

Looooool look at OP's logic!

He thinks the Muslim men he sees wearing these clothes are representative of Islam's teachings. You're an embarrassment, really
Original post by zezno
Can you not read? Lowering gaze, wearing loose clothing, not showing private parts, not exposing your figure (e.g. muscles), no gold

Original post by SMEGGGY

Stop it. You didn't even read what I said.

He's not in England! And you said YOURSELF JUST NOW: "We don't see it here."

You googled some random Arab in Africa or the Middle East. Don't play this game.

I'M TALKING ABOUT ENGLAND.

Everyone say "I" if you've seen the average Muslim teenager dress like this in England.... I never said I've never seen men wear garbs. I said in England, the average young male. Google THAT.
Reply 73
I'm sorry WHAT? :rofl:

sorry bad english

imagine man and woman both wear t shirt and jeans

man see woman
man get aroused more
woman see man
woman not aroused as much
so
woman needs to wear more than man so that both get aroused the same

I'm with you. You'll see a fair few around Mosques though. Muslim women should make a song and dance about it see if it changes things and shame them up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
OP won't be satisfied until men start wearing the hijab. He didn't even read my comments, he doesn't acknowledge that women and men are different (in terms of beauty). Not even sure if you're worth my time, you know no better
Original post by zezno
Looooool look at OP's logic!

He thinks the Muslim men he sees wearing these clothes are representative of Islam's teachings. You're an embarrassment, really

An embarrassment to what, I'm not muslim thank God. Anyway you're in denial. They're representative of Islam's teachings because they aren't made to wear a hijab in western countries while women are. I'll keep repeating it as long as you quote me. You're clearly triggered, it's ok lol.
Reply 77
I don't care about what it includes, nice try. I'm on about the physical scarf, stop reaching. Men don't have to cover up nor grow the beard, nor do they even if they have to, or are given choice. If women decided to walk around without the hijab I really wanna know what would happen even though I have a great idea.

It's not a choice and you know it's not. There's no choice, it's highly compelled with the threat of being ostracized, disowned, not marriage material, and nonsense, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were forced to wear it.

lol now you're just making stuff up. Good night.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
I'm with you. You'll see a fair few around Mosques though. Muslim women should make a song and dance about it see if it changes things and shame them up

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you're not "with me." Because you blatantly ignored what I said and posted a photo of some random Arab model in Saudi Arabia. I have seen the scarf and the men HERE don't wear it like THAT and you know it.
Reply 79
An embarrassment to what, I'm not muslim thank God. Anyway you're in denial. They're representative of Islam's teachings because they aren't made to wear a hijab in western countries while women are. I'll keep repeating it as long as you quote me. You're clearly triggered, it's ok lol.

I'm honestly not, I'm just laughing at your logic lol

Latest