The Student Room Group

Can't sleep because of results day? Stay up and chat.

Scroll to see replies

Feeling quite nostalgic, and before this evening I hadn't posted on this site in like three years. I was in your position just over three years ago to this date - now I'm three years into medicine at Imperial. I was stressing on this kind of thread before I got my results and everything worked out okay. Please try to be positive, and remember you can still go to sleep!

Good luck to you all!!! (Especially the medics, and the ones bound for Imperial! :wink:)
Original post by Miss.Unknow
do you guys think my parents should come with me to get my results or should i get them on my own?

If you feel comfortable with them around I'd say definitely go with them but if you're like me and your parents are kind of intimidating then I'd say leave them behind, itsone less problem for you, they'll find out anyways but it's just more pressure in my opinion but good luck ! Xx
Reply 62
"Helllllo from the other side" - sorry that's not appropriate right now

Good luck guys :smile:!! Im only do AS and scared so i can't imagine what A level students are going through!
Original post by 999tigger
My advice is get in and out quickly.
Plan what you are doing after, even if its going for a meal/ drink or to watch a film or sleep.

Is there anything that you need to do in your Sixth Form other than pick up results? I mean I won't be rude and say hey to the teachers there and some friends shortly but is there anything important to clearing or info I need to pick up? In general as perhaps there is something specific to my place on the day that I'll find out.
am i allowed to comment here-im not doing alevels but i am waiting for gcse results day :lol: hope you all do well :smile: worried about year 12 in September tbh :/
I'm so nervous for tomorrow, but I wish everyone the very best of luck. No matter the results we achieve they'll always be another way if we don't do as well as we wanted to. So yeah - Good luck.
I am sooo scared.... I am terrified..... :frown: tomorrow i'm getting my AS results
I'm only waiting for one AS result yet I'm still so scared :s-smilie:

I hope you all get what you want!
Original post by pastelsloth
am i allowed to comment here-im not doing alevels but i am waiting for gcse results day :lol: hope you all do well :smile: worried about year 12 in September tbh :/

Still a week to go mate! Hope you're not going sleepless each night. If you can't sleep may as well join in though. Dw abut yr 12. You pick up the work quite quick, just need to keep on top of revision and stay organised.
Reply 69
It's now officially results day! Is anyone excited rather than nervous?
Reply 70
Struggling to sleep tonight. I did AQA Politics, Edexcel Maths and OCR Religious Studies. generally they went well, but S2 maths was the only exam for AS/A2 where I knew I'd failed. What adds to my worries is the high entry requirements for my firm and insurance... no way I'm meeting AAA, and my insurance at AAB/ABB could easily reject me if my maths grade ends up being a C. Overall tomorrow will be A*AB on a good day and ABC on a bad day. Preparing for clearing has eased my stress a little, though. A-Levels have been an emotional rollercoaster.

Spoiler

Reply 72
Original post by 1990jo123

Spoiler

y u lie
Hi - another person who can't sleep because of my results day fate 😅 I can't believe its come around so quick though!! Good luck to everyone, hope it all goes well for you and you get everything you wanted!
Original post by StressedCoffee
Still a week to go mate! Hope you're not going sleepless each night. If you can't sleep may as well join in though. Dw abut yr 12. You pick up the work quite quick, just need to keep on top of revision and stay organised.

AAh i knowww a week is waaay too long, ur all lucky :frown: and well i guess i can sleep well, i just dont wanna :tongue: . Yeah about yr 12 I hope I can do all that ://// picked 4 alevels but slightly regretting in case i procrastinate like i did with gcses! I hope your results are good :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by disney888
Hi - another person who can't sleep because of my results day fate 😅 I can't believe its come around so quick though!! Good luck to everyone, hope it all goes well for you and you get everything you wanted!

You too! I'm still gunna be around these threads at 5am. I know! I won't know what to think about after I get results.
Original post by Chichaldo
Is there anything that you need to do in your Sixth Form other than pick up results? I mean I won't be rude and say hey to the teachers there and some friends shortly but is there anything important to clearing or info I need to pick up? In general as perhaps there is something specific to my place on the day that I'll find out.

I dont believe so. Theres not much you can say. If you have done well then its easier to chat with teachers, but if not just go home imo. You can probably go in the next day if needs be but ask when you get your results.
depressed.
Reply 78
Original post by lxlxlee
I'm only waiting for one AS result yet I'm still so scared :s-smilie:

I hope you all get what you want!

Yeah same here :biggrin: AS is bad enough, i don't wanna even go through next year results.
Ugh, wanted to sleep, but can't. Hi guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending