Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1. How hard is A2 biology compared to AS?
    2. Would i, with lots of work, be able to go up from a B at AS to an A at A2, if i was only four marks off an A at AS? (I might retake an AS unit in Jan to help)
    3. What's Environmental Biology like? Sounds easy, is it?
    4. What's harder: Unifying Concepts or Central Concepts?
    5. Is UC really a nightmare?
    6. Is the coursework for UC much bigger at A2 than AS?

Thanks! I think i am going to take A2 biology but i need to be sure it's right for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    1. How hard is A2 biology compared to AS?
    2. Would i, with lots of work, be able to go up from a B at AS to an A at A2, if i was only four marks off an A at AS? (I might retake an AS unit in Jan to help)
    3. What's Environmental Biology like? Sounds easy, is it?
    4. What's harder: Unifying Concepts or Central Concepts?
    5. Is UC really a nightmare?
    6. Is the coursework for UC much bigger at A2 than AS?

Thanks! I think i am going to take A2 biology but i need to be sure it's right for me...

Damn girl you got lots of questions!

1. I found A2 a lot harder but that was just me. And i did all the study for AS/A2 in one year and ended up only sitting my AS exams.
    2. Yes you could go up those grades but you'd have to be really strong at all the units to get high A's.
    3. Sorry i did Mammalian Physiology
    4. Erm i think i found Unifying Concepts harder because its synoptic.
    5. You bet your ass.
    6. Sorry i did practical exams.

ReputationRep:
    1. A2 is harder but as long as you read the OCR book thoroughly you shouldn't have to many problems. Some of my mates did better at A2 than AS!
    2. Yes definetly, as I said before, resit transport and do your AS coursework again and you should be fine.
    3. I did Genetics so can't comment.
    4. Definetly Unifying concepts. lol, I got 90/90 on Central concepts and 114/120 on UC.
    5. I didn't revise much for UC because its a nightmare trying to revise so much information from AS and central concepts. However the question tend to be on experiments and more 'common sense' and not a lot of factual knowledge. I found the UC paper very very very hard and left some parts blank but still scored well.
    6. No, and it isn't harder either. You just have to include knowledge from both AS and A2 to score well. My coursework was on aerobic respn and RQ values relating to mung beans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    1. A2 is harder but as long as you read the OCR book thoroughly you shouldn't have to many problems. Some of my mates did better at A2 than AS!
    Being nosey, what did they get for AS and what did they get for A2?

ReputationRep:
    they got something like 278 for AS and 290 for A2!! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    they got something like 278 for AS and 290 for A2!! LOL
    Woah, 290/300 for A2 bio! Tres bien! I'm ready to work my ass off for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Woah, 290/300 for A2 bio! Tres bien! I'm ready to work my ass off for an A.
    that's the spirit

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.