The Student Room Group

Is Leicester any good for Maths?

They are one of the few universities that appears realistic if my worst fears are realized on results day, I kind of had the impression they are around same standard or only slightly worse then York so I would get an acceptable level of mathematical development there and be able to go on to Masters and PHD at top Russel group unis if i got a strong 2:1 or first.
Unfortunately not, in fact a almost third of their maths research staff have recently been made redundant.

https://gowers.wordpress.com/2016/09/15/in-case-you-havent-heard-whats-going-on-in-leicester/
Original post by Luke7456
They are one of the few universities that appears realistic if my worst fears are realized on results day, I kind of had the impression they are around same standard or only slightly worse then York so I would get an acceptable level of mathematical development there and be able to go on to Masters and PHD at top Russel group unis if i got a strong 2:1 or first.

Hi Luke,

Our Mathematics department has scored consistently well in the National Student Survey (NSS). The Department scores highly in all areas of the survey including: teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, management of the course and access and availability of learning resources including IT.

If you join us at Leicester you will benefit from a supportive environment and our Career Development Service will work with you from day one to ensure you are equipped for a lifetime of career success.

I hope this helps :smile:

Shauna
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi Luke,

Our Mathematics department has scored consistently well in the National Student Survey (NSS). The Department scores highly in all areas of the survey including: teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, management of the course and access and availability of learning resources including IT.

If you join us at Leicester you will benefit from a supportive environment and our Career Development Service will work with you from day one to ensure you are equipped for a lifetime of career success.

I hope this helps :smile:

Shauna

Was that before or after a third of the department got purged?

Quick Reply

Latest