The Student Room Group

urgent A Level results help (ok maybe urgent is a bit clickbaity but oh well)

sup guys, just got my A Level results -

A in spanish
B in chemistry
B in Biology

I also have AS history at an A with general studies too (A), which apparently counts because college told me the A Levels I drop stick but the ones I continue dont, unless they were chatting sh*t lmao.

I've met my firm offer which was Liverpool for Chemistry, but, do you think I should resit chem and try to get an A this year? idk to a do a degree in something you didn't get an A in feels a bit weird, and, I can't help but feel slightly disappointed with my results, but at the same time it could have gone so much worse. idk what do you think?

huuuuuuuuuuuge good luck to ma fellow tsrians on their results too - love you all !!

free nandos tonight babyyyy lets goooo
(edited 6 years ago)
well done, congrats I'm still here dying
why you wanna resit while you met offer conditions?
Reply 3
Original post by hamzakalinle

A in spanish
B in chemistry
B in Biology

I also have AS history at an A with general studies too (A), which apparently counts because college told me the A Levels I drop stick but the ones I continue dont, unless they were chatting sh*t lmao.

I've met my firm offer which was Liverpool for Chemistry, but, do you think I should resit chem and try to get an A this year? idk to a do a degree in something you didn't get an A in feels a bit weird, and, I can't help but feel slightly disappointed with my results, but at the same time it could have gone so much worse. idk what do you think?

huuuuuuuuuuuge good luck to ma fellow tsrians on their results too - love you all !!

Well done
Original post by Dwarf-Shortage
well done, congrats I'm still here dying

one sec lemme pray for you real quick

Spoiler

one sec lemme pray for you real quick

Spoiler

Ameen Bro
I'm happy you met it mate I like your banter on this site, keep it up
Reply 6

A in spanish
B in chemistry
B in Biology

Congratulations with those results! You'd have do all the exams again if you resat, you met your firm so there's really not much point :smile:
How did you get your results so early? I thought they go live at 8am?
Original post by Deyesy
Congratulations with those results! You'd have do all the exams again if you resat, you met your firm so there's really not much point :smile:

thanks a lot!

idk I just feel like if/once I graduate I'll be held back by them? i don't know I'm probably stressing over nothing, thanks for your input, really appreciate it :gthumb:
thanks a lot!

idk I just feel like if/once I graduate I'll be held back by them? i don't know I'm probably stressing over nothing, thanks for your input, really appreciate it :gthumb:

honestly just stop gloating ffs
Reply 10
thanks a lot!

Absolutely not the case :smile: A Levels are just stepping stones to university. Once you graduate, employers won't be concerned about them. I have a C in psychology at A Level and I've graduated with a 2.1 just this year.
Original post by Claudious
honestly just stop gloating ffs

bro, how is asking a genuine question akin to gloating?

I'm seriously considering retaking chem it's not a joke, I got a certain set of grades that I disclosed to give people the full picture so I could get some informed advice.

I also thanked people for their input and their nice messages because I appreciate it - I'm sorry that I've come across as a show-off but it's honestly not my intention man chill out.
Original post by queenofswords
How did you get your results so early? I thought they go live at 8am?

my college put them up on the college web page at 6am on the dot, some people will get theirs at 7 30am and some at 8am it varies
yo u do aqa for sciences ??
Original post by Certified0121
yo u do aqa for sciences ??

nope

OCR A for chem and WJEC Eduqas for Bio (some unknown exam board that basically nobody does)

A in spanish
B in chemistry
B in Biology

Huge congrats, those are some great results. Enjoy the nandos!!

A in spanish
B in chemistry
B in Biology

Congratsss!! All that hard work has paid off and you're going to university!!!!! I'd suggest not retaking anything, it's just extra stress to be honest. But, it isn't uncommon to retake A-levels in first year of university so do what you feel comfortable with.

Just smash university exams and get that 1st class ayyyyye.

Quick Reply

Latest