ElAshtonio
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently both extremely happy and extremely paranoid because it says this:
Latest update
14 August 2017, 19:40
Congratulations, your place at ,,,,,,, has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

2 days ago when the confirmation should have came this morning. I was a student retaking year 13 so the grades they had on the 14th would have been BDE when I needed BBB (I still haven't collected my results yet). I don't want them to tell me in a couple of days: "Sorry, we made a mistake and just received your actual results". Bearing in mind that there was no way I could have gotten BBB in the exams but rather BBC maximum
Ihonestlydk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ElAshtonio)
Latest update
Congratulations, your place at ,,,,,,, has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.

2 days ago when the confirmation should have came this morning. I was a student retaking year 13 so the grades they had on the 14th would have been BDE when I needed BBB (I still haven't collected my results yet). I don't want them to tell me in a couple of days: "Sorry, we made a mistake and just received your actual results". Bearing in mind that there was no way I could have gotten BBB in the exams but rather BBC maximum
Omfg I have the same issue and its with Surrey University which I'm fully surprised.

Congratulations! Your place at University of Surrey for Psychology has been confirmed. You are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions of your firm choice.

However I'm confused if this means I'm in or not? They recommended a B in Psychology for me but i doubt I got that and somehow it says I have an unconditional offer?
games211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Latest update

Congratulations! I don't think it was a mistake from UCAS.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to the Applications, Clearing, and UCAS section
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Latest update

If you are in doubt, the best thing to do is contact the university to confirm. If you have any issues following that, contact UCAS directly.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ihonestlydk)
Omfg I have the same issue and its with Surrey University which I'm fully surprised.

Congratulations! Your place at University of Surrey for Psychology has been confirmed. You are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions of your firm choice.

However I'm confused if this means I'm in or not? They recommended a B in Psychology for me but i doubt I got that and somehow it says I have an unconditional offer?
If you want to contact the university to confirm then just give them a phone. It might be worth waiting until after you've received your results though!
mathcon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Latest update

unis get results a week before so they probably made the decision earlier but you couldnt see it cuz track wasnt live
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Latest update

This is customary. Universities get results early and start making decisions right away, hence the date. You're in. Get off UCAS now.
username2207531
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Phone them, but what I think happened is they saw that not enough people got in/were going there so they made your offer unconditional.
Not sure they can do that but it's a possibility.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Latest update

Its what mathcon said. they get results early. Just go and pick up your results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (645)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads