The Student Room Group

Are you going to miss your teachers?

I still have fond memories of teachers from my school and it was sad when we said goodbye to them on A-level results day. I wondered if you feel the same now we're actually here? Or are there some you'll be pleased to see the back of?
I kept in touch with a couple of my teachers. They've invited me back to their new schools for careers events and all that, so those have been nice opportunities to catch up :h: I also like to think that I'm doing something to repay them for all their help. I definitely wouldn't have got into uni without them and I know I was a lot of hard work when I was in sixth form...

Most of my teachers I was glad to ditch though. My school was really polarised, I pretty much either loved my teachers or couldn't stand them :hand:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I kept in touch with a couple of my teachers. They've invited me back to their new schools for careers events and all that, so those have been nice opportunities to catch up :h: I also like to think that I'm doing something to repay them for all their help. I definitely wouldn't have got into uni without them and I know I was a lot of hard work when I was in sixth form...

Most of my teachers I was glad to ditch though. My school was really polarised, I pretty much either loved my teachers or couldn't stand them :hand:

:lol: yeah I felt the same, there were quite a few I was happy to not see again. I haven't had the same opportunities to go back to my school, it would have been nice to see some of them again as you have :smile:
Original post by Captain Jack
I still have fond memories of teachers from my school and it was sad when we said goodbye to them on A-level results day. I wondered if you feel the same now we're actually here? Or are there some you'll be pleased to see the back of?

CJ. This is actually imo one of the aspects of results day that people hardly think of in the lead up.
I am not sure whether I will to miss anyone yet.. but I'm sure this'll change within the next few hours or so.
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
CJ. This is actually imo one of the aspects of results day that people hardly think of in the lead up.
I am not sure whether I will to miss anyone yet.. but I'm sure this'll change within the next few hours or so.

Yeah, it's always quite sad saying goodbye to people, it was such a mix of emotions for me. Exciting but sad all at the same time. I remember one teacher, Mrs Lydall, who was just super cool and lovely. It hadn't dawned on me until the day that I'd miss her (didn't help that I didn't do so well in that exam and felt I let her down either!)
Yeah, it's always quite sad saying goodbye to people, it was such a mix of emotions for me. Exciting but sad all at the same time. I remember one teacher, Mrs Lydall, who was just super cool and lovely. It hadn't dawned on me until the day that I'd miss her (didn't help that I didn't do so well in that exam and felt I let her down either!)

*Sad reflective face* wow. she sounds like the type of teacher id like :/
I don't know when my college is open today :/
*Sad reflective face* wow. she sounds like the type of teacher id like :/
I don't know when my college is open today :/

They're usually open from around 9 - 11 depending on the college
They're usually open from around 9 - 11 depending on the college

I snapped and asked a friend and they said 10 :/
not looking forward as the exams were hard...
I snapped and asked a friend and they said 10 :/
not looking forward as the exams were hard...

I'm sure you will be fine :smile: Are you applying to uni and if so, did you meet your offer?
I'm sure you will be fine :smile: Are you applying to uni and if so, did you meet your offer?

I applied to uni and haven't cancelled, Although I couldn't get me finance sorted so I'm just gonna have to cancel my place :/
My apprenticeship had made it very awkward as they haven't spoken to me for I don't know how long :colondollar:
I think they want my results, or have them and are ready to tell me they don't want me
and my insurance is in London and that's now not all that good for me so
I'm gonna try and relinquish my uni application if I can
and also try to get an answer from my apprenticeship provider :/
I applied to uni and haven't cancelled, Although I couldn't get me finance sorted so I'm just gonna have to cancel my place :/
My apprenticeship had made it very awkward as they haven't spoken to me for I don't know how long :colondollar:
I think they want my results, or have them and are ready to tell me they don't want me
and my insurance is in London and that's now not all that good for me so
I'm gonna try and relinquish my uni application if I can
and also try to get an answer from my apprenticeship provider :/

Oh that's a shame will you delay til next year or try something different entirely?
l hate all of them l want all of them get lost
If anybody says they don't miss their teachers, they're a liar.

You will be glad to be rid of them at first, but give it a few years and the fond memories will come.

^Kam
Oh that's a shame will you delay til next year or try something different entirely?

I'm a little salty about my results not gonna lie
I always miss my students. Update emails are the best though!
I didn't miss my teachers when I left college. I think if you have effective and inspiring people teaching you, you'd miss that. But otherwise people don't make an impact on your life, so are easily forgotten!

Quick Reply

Latest