The Student Room Group

i need help urgently (biomed)

basically i want to do biomedical science is there any hope in going through adjustment/clearing?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by abdul-maanee
basically i got BBD in history psychology and bio and i want to do biomedical science is there any hope in going through adjustment/clearing?

Yes there is, don't give up hope! You should be proud for getting 2Bs!! :smile: Where are you looking to apply?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by games211
Yes there is, don't give up hope! You should be proud for getting 2Bs!! :smile: Where are you looking to apply?

anywhere that will take me tbh ahha bradford already said no so im looking for somewhere else
basically i got BBD in history psychology and bio and i want to do biomedical science is there any hope in going through adjustment/clearing?

Options
1.Contact clearing and see if they have anything for you.
2. Clearing and biomed courses with a foundation year,
3. Resit.

The first thing is not to panic as you need a calm and clear head to make decisions. Have a look in clearing and see what is available and what the entry requirements are. If you don't manage to find anything you're interested in then have a think about either retakes or a future plan of action. What were you predicted and what do your teachers think?
anywhere that will take me tbh ahha bradford already said no so im looking for somewhere else

Have a look at the below website and just call up universities. You have nothing to lose but so much to gain. You can do this, I have faith in you :smile: good luck and please keep us informed!!

http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?CountryCode=&RegionCode=&Lat=&Lng=&Feather=&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=Biomedicine+&ProviderQuery=&AcpId=&Location=&IsFeatherProcessed=True&SubjectCode=
Reply 6
Original post by alleycat393
The first thing is not to panic as you need a calm and clear head to make decisions. Have a look in clearing and see what is available and what the entry requirements are. If you don't manage to find anything you're interested in then have a think about either retakes or a future plan of action. What were you predicted and what do your teachers think?

i was predicted DCE and i havent really talked to any teachers yet i got my results and ran home
i was predicted DCE and i havent really talked to any teachers yet i got my results and ran home

So you've done better than you were predicted which is great! Like others have said have a look in clearing and see what you can find.
First - contact your teachers and ask them if they think its worth getting the D grade remarked.
Ask them for their advice. Should you resit for better grades, or do something an apprenticeship instead of Uni?

Hi there :smile:

Biomedical Sciences is a great option at university. We have some other great options related to Biomed available through Clearing like Forensic and Medical Sciences. Have a look through our course pages or you can DM me to have a chat about it :smile:

Maq :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending