The Student Room Group

'Add a Clearing Choice' button not showing up

My application has already been marked as unsuccessful, but the 'Add Clearing Choice' button is not showing up. I watched the UCAS video and it said that the course I am looking for may not be in Clearing anymore; I admit I applied for a combined honours course (Flexbile Combined Honours), but to be honest, I am probably switching to a single honours course (International Relations, which made up the first half of the Flexible Combined Honours degree that was my firm) as the combination I had is quite rare.

I do not have an insurance and I have already called UCAS to no avail.

Any ideas on why could this be?
Original post by Michiyo
My application has already been marked as unsuccessful, but the 'Add Clearing Choice' button is not showing up. I watched the UCAS video and it said that the course I am looking for may not be in Clearing anymore; I admit I applied for a combined honours course (Flexbile Combined Honours), but to be honest, I am probably switching to a single honours course (International Relations, which made up the first half of the Flexible Combined Honours degree that was my firm) as the combination I had is quite rare.

You can't add a clearing choice until 3pm today.
Reply 2
Original post by Michiyo

Hi
I think this button may not show up until after 3pm!

Thanks
Jane
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
You can't add a clearing choice until 3pm today.

:facepalm:

Sorry for taking up your time :lol:

Thank you, Claire :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
:facepalm:

Sorry for taking up your time :lol:

Thank you, Claire :hugs:

no need to apologise :smile: if you've any trouble adding it at 3, let me know.
Reply 5
Original post by Michiyo

The option to add a Clearing choice won't appear on your Track until this afternoon. In any case, you need to speak to the unis you are interested in first. It is critically important that you don't add a Clearing choice until a uni has invited you to do so. You need to start to checking out the Clearing lists directly (on the UCAS site is best) if you haven't already, and be ready to get on the phone when you have your actual results to hand (no point in calling until you have). I know it's a stressful time, but keep a clear head and the chances are very good that you will have something that suits by the end of the day.

I don't know what course you are applying for, or where, but there are some options in Clearing this year that would never have shown up even two years ago, let alone ten. So don't despair, and don't just take the first thing you are offered -
Reply 6
@She-Ra Post 3 in this thread?

@Michiyo Looks like the others gave given brilliant advice already. I hope everything works out for you :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo

Sorry to hear Michiyo! We're in the office until midnight so just give us a quote if you need a hand. Hope everything works out for you! :hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by Deyesy
@She-Ra Post 3 in this thread?

@Michiyo Looks like the others gave given brilliant advice already. I hope everything works out for you :hugs:

Yep! :dance: The button does not show up because I am an idiot who did not make the link between how UCAS said that we can add clearing choices today starting at 3 PM and the fact that the button must not be there before then :ahee: (In my defence, I just woke up :sleep: )

Thank you :lovehug:

Original post by Minerva
The option to add a Clearing choice won't appear on your Track until this afternoon. In any case, you need to speak to the unis you are interested in first. It is critically important that you don't add a Clearing choice until a uni has invited you to do so. You need to start to checking out the Clearing lists directly (on the UCAS site is best) if you haven't already, and be ready to get on the phone when you have your actual results to hand (no point in calling until you have). I know it's a stressful time, but keep a clear head and the chances are very good that you will have something that suits by the end of the day.

I don't know what course you are applying for, or where, but there are some options in Clearing this year that would never have shown up even two years ago, let alone ten. So don't despair, and don't just take the first thing you are offered -

Thank you! :lovehug: I have already spoken to one and got my results on 5th July. :woo:

Original post by Charlotte's Web
Sorry to hear Michiyo! We're in the office until midnight so just give us a quote if you need a hand. Hope everything works out for you! :hugs:

Aww, you are so sweet :lovehug:

Thank you :girl: I knew I missed my offer over a month ago, so I am already in that phase where I just want to get everything over with :lol:

You guys are so amazing :cry2: I am touched :love:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Michiyo
Aww, you are so sweet :lovehug:

Thank you :girl: I knew I missed my offer over a month ago, so I am already in that phase where I just want to get everything over with :lol:

You guys are so amazing :cry2: I am touched :love:

Good to hear you are sorted - 3pm will come round soon enough!
Original post by Michiyo

Hey :smile:
The clearing track should be opening up very soon for you. In the mean time, why don't you look through the clearing lists available on UCAS and call up universities who are offering the course of your choice.

Good luck!

:hugs:

Madi (3rd year psychology student)

Quick Reply