Angelos99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just checked this morning on UCAS whether or not I have been accepted to either my firm choice Aberdeen or my insurance Heriot-Watt. Heriot-Watt rejected me and Aberdeen has not replied yet. I emailed aberdeen university to ask them whether or not they have accepted me. Should I worry ??? Any advice would be really nice
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Angelos99)
I just checked this morning on UCAS whether or not I have been accepted to either my firm choice Aberdeen or my insurance Heriot-Watt. Heriot-Watt rejected me and Aberdeen has not replied yet. I emailed aberdeen university to ask them whether or not they have accepted me. Should I worry ??? Any advice would be really nice
They either are still considering your application or have not yet received your results.

You can phone them up to clarify your application status - you will get an answer faster than by emailing.
S27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What were the entry requirements for the two? It seems strange your insurance would reject you and your firm would accept if the entry reqs for the firm were higher, though
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All because your insurance has rejected you doesn't mean your firm will.

Worrying won't do anything right now, get in contact with Aberdeen and try and find out the situation.

Most importantly, don't panic!

^Kam
flyingpanda
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ring them up to find out.I found out the same for my Uni, and apparently I'm on the reserve list. :/
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by flyingpanda)
Ring them up to find out.I found out the same for my Uni, and apparently I'm on the reserve list. :/
If you're on a reserve list you should find out when you might hear something.
Angelos99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
They either are still considering your application or have not yet received your results.

You can phone them up to clarify your application status - you will get an answer faster than by emailing.
thank you for replying. Any advice on what I should say when I call them I'm a bit nervous and scared
flyingpanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
If you're on a reserve list you should find out when you might hear something.
I rang them up, and they said I'd know by the end of the week, which sucks because the deadline to cancel my accommodation for a full refund on the deposit is the 20th.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I rang them up, and they said I'd know by the end of the week, which sucks because the deadline to cancel my accommodation for a full refund on the deposit is the 20th.
How badly do you want to go there? It's very risky to wait that long as many clearing places could be gone by then
GoingToBurst
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The end of the week is tomorrow,so you'll have plenty of time before the 20th to cancel accomodation if necessary. Unless they meant the end of next week?
flyingpanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
How badly do you want to go there? It's very risky to wait that long as many clearing places could be gone by then
It's a medicine place, so it's either that for me, while I wait for a remark, or deferring the entry til next year.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a medicine place, so it's either that for me, while I wait for a remark, or deferring the entry til next year.
Ah i see, seems like its worth waiting then since there's only two medicine universities in clearing and those spaces will probably go quickly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.78%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.12%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.59%
I need help with my personal statement (80)
40.82%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.51%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.53%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed