The Student Room Group

Maths AS retakes possible?

Is it possible to retake sections of the OCR Maths AS exam take this summer 2017?
Results were Core 1 A Core 2 U Mechanics 1 E so a D overall.
Is it possible to retake core 2 and mechanics 1 again? Or would core 1 have to be retaken also? And if so when would this be possible to do - November 2017? January 2018? Summer 2018?
Thanks
Reply 1
http://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/support-and-tools/siu/legacy-resit-arrangements-040516/

From what I can gather from the link above, since Maths new spec is introduced in September 2017 for first teaching, your last opportunity to retake any AS levels is June 2018. However, you can resit the whole course so AS and A2 until june 2019.

So if you retake in June 2018, your highest retake will go towards your overall grade.

However, don't quote me on all of the above^
Original post by kjpt99
Is it possible to retake sections of the OCR Maths AS exam take this summer 2017?
Results were Core 1 A Core 2 U Mechanics 1 E so a D overall.
Is it possible to retake core 2 and mechanics 1 again? Or would core 1 have to be retaken also? And if so when would this be possible to do - November 2017? January 2018? Summer 2018?
Thanks

It is definitely possible to do it again and no you do not have to retake core 1. I am in the same situation as you, I am afraid retakes will be taken in Summer 2018 which is frustrating. Just liaise with your teachers to make sure they know this is what you want to do.
Reply 3
Original post by emilymcpartland
It is definitely possible to do it again and no you do not have to retake core 1. I am in the same situation as you, I am afraid retakes will be taken in Summer 2018 which is frustrating. Just liaise with your teachers to make sure they know this is what you want to do.

Thanks. Which result will go forward? The best of the two or the most recent result i.e. next summer's if they are retaken?
Thanks
Original post by kjpt99
Thanks. Which result will go forward? The best of the two or the most recent result i.e. next summer's if they are retaken?
Thanks

They will use the highest mark of the two:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest