Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Loan Refusal watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me if I will have problems obtaining a student load. Last year I started a University course but it was a disaster, totally the wrong course and I left in January. Now after a lot of thought I have decided to return to a different University doing another subject.

On the Student Application it asks if you have ever attended and left a course? Will this be held against me as if I cannot obtain the load I will really struggle to take my place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steviex)
    Can you tell me if I will have problems obtaining a student load. Last year I started a University course but it was a disaster, totally the wrong course and I left in January. Now after a lot of thought I have decided to return to a different University doing another subject.

On the Student Application it asks if you have ever attended and left a course? Will this be held against me as if I cannot obtain the load I will really struggle to take my place.
    You could always phone up your LEA and make enquiries prior to submitting an application.

(Original post by steviex)

Don't quote me on this, but i *think* if you did less than a year and you have made any payments you were required to make you're OK. Have a look on the DFES website ...

ReputationRep:
    I did the same one year and got a loan still the following year no problem.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.