Last minute French panic - What grade did i need in the exam for an A?

Watch
Adaytoremember
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So in GCSE French AQA, my controlled assessments were:

Marks are not exact but I am sure they're only one mark higher of lower if anything.

Writing- A (26) and B (25) (1 off of A, teacher said it had a good chance of being moderated up)
Speaking- A (26) and C (23)

What grade would my CA average to and what grade would i need in the exams to get an A?

I am only asking a second opinion because I really don't want to disappoint my french teacher, and i fear that i have and just want to be more sure of the results.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Adaytoremember)
So in GCSE French AQA, my controlled assessments were:

Marks are not exact but I am sure they're only one mark higher of lower if anything.

Writing- A (26) and B (25) (1 off of A, teacher said it had a good chance of being moderated up)
Speaking- A (26) and C (23)

What grade would my CA average to and what grade would i need in the exams to get an A?

I am only asking a second opinion because I really don't want to disappoint my french teacher, and i fear that i have and just want to be more sure of the results.
Using the 2016 grade boundaries (hence, this may be slightly off when the grade boundaries are released next week)
Speaking (Unit 3): Total 49 raw, 71/90 ums
Writing (Unit 4): Total 51 raw, 71/90 ums
71/90 is a B, as for an A you need 80% ums which would be 72/90

Reading and listening are out of 60 ums each. The total ums is 300 for French, hence for an A you need 240 ums.
Having already (roughly) achieved 142 then you need 98 ums between reading and listening.
Hence, you need slightly above the A boundary on average over the reading and listening. (49/60 each while an A would be 48).
Last year you would have needed 28/40 in the listening, and 32/40 in the reading, however the listening this year was meant to have been really difficult so it is likely to be a little less than this.

Grade boundaries are difficult to predict so all I can tell you is that based on last year's grade boundaries for the controlled assessments then you need to average just above an A in the reading and listening papers.
Hope this helps and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed