The Student Room Group

A2 Music Tech 2017

Hey did anyone taking Edexcel A2 Music Tech get unusually low marks?
Original post by CSdrummer
Hey did anyone taking Edexcel A2 Music Tech get unusually low marks?

Do you think something doesn't seem right? If you do, speak with your teacher and double check your marks. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
Do you think something doesn't seem right? If you do, speak with your teacher and double check your marks. :smile:

It doesn't matter too much as I've been accepted into University regardless. I was predicted B and I got an E and I'm not alone in that in my class. The teacher is looking into it
It doesn't matter too much as I've been accepted into University regardless. I was predicted B and I got an E and I'm not alone in that in my class. The teacher is looking into it

Congratulations on your uni place :smile: Where are you off too?

Yes, that doesn't sound right at all, I'm glad your teacher is looking in to it.
Reply 4
Original post by She-Ra
Congratulations on your uni place :smile: Where are you off too?

Yes, that doesn't sound right at all, I'm glad your teacher is looking in to it.

Thanks, i'm heading off to study music performance at the University of West London.
Thanks, i'm heading off to study music performance at the University of West London.

Fab! I hope you have the best time!
Reply 6
Hi I took AS Music Tech this year and was predicted a C - really gutted I only got a E too! For GCSE I got a C with an A* for Unit 1 and was hoping to get a similar grade for my Unit 1 in AS. Instead this year I got a D for unit 1 and Unclassified for Unit 2 - I haven't a clue what's gone on - but really gutted as hoped to get into Falmouth Uni soon.

I was in a similar state my friend, I was told the whole year I would be a straight A student in both the exam and the coursework, and while the exam gave an A the entire coursework came out as an E.. :frown:

Also on that note, one of the other students often skived lessons and constantly asked for help to get the teacher to sort a lot out for them, yet they managed to get a B in the coursework.. it's really unusual, I'm hoping to get my coursework remarked as it's abnormally low for what was expected!
Reply 8
There is something very wrong with the marking in Music Tech this year!

Original post by Keenbean_DJ
I was in a similar state my friend, I was told the whole year I would be a straight A student in both the exam and the coursework, and while the exam gave an A the entire coursework came out as an E.. :frown:

Also on that note, one of the other students often skived lessons and constantly asked for help to get the teacher to sort a lot out for them, yet they managed to get a B in the coursework.. it's really unusual, I'm hoping to get my coursework remarked as it's abnormally low for what was expected!
Original post by joenalex
There is something very wrong with the marking in Music Tech this year!

Definitely, I just emailed my teacher about it as it's super-suspicious to why people have received this after a year's hard work... :/

Quick Reply

Latest