The Student Room Group

Clearing help

I dropped out of the uni course i was doing after completing the first year . I want to apply for a different course , i have personal statement writing already and the only thing preventing me from completing the UCAS application to be entered into clearing is that I'm waiting for my referee to do their part . The referee is taking their time and I don't haven other referee options , can I just call up uni's with my personal ID , grades and explain that I will have a reference done by today ?
Original post by 1997_Student
I dropped out of the uni course i was doing after completing the first year . I want to apply for a different course , i have personal statement writing already and the only thing preventing me from completing the UCAS application to be entered into clearing is that I'm waiting for my referee to do their part . The referee is taking their time and I don't haven other referee options , can I just call up uni's with my personal ID , grades and explain that I will have a reference done by today ?

Yes. Your referee can always submit the ref later as well. Send your application off asap though.

Hi @997_Student,

Our advice would be to phone up your first and second choice universities and explain your situation. Only the Admissions Tutor for the course can make this decision.

Good luck! :smile:
Claire - UoH
Original post by alleycat393
Yes. Your referee can always submit the ref later as well. Send your application off asap though.

Thank you for the response ! Im desperately trying to submit the application so I get entered into clearing, but the pay option isn't being interactive, I'm thinking its because the referee hasn't responded yet ? any ideas?
Thank you for the response ! Im desperately trying to submit the application so I get entered into clearing, but the pay option isn't being interactive, I'm thinking its because the referee hasn't responded yet ? any ideas?

Sorry please ignore my advice above as it was wrong. You need to have your ref before submitting. Sorry about that!
Original post by alleycat393
Sorry please ignore my advice above as it was wrong. You need to have your ref before submitting. Sorry about that!

no worries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending