The Student Room Group

What should I drop in A2

I got my AS results and theyre English E, Geography C, Business C, ICT A. I was thinking of dropping english and continuing with ICT, Business and Geography but i hear ICT and Business are soft subjects so what should i do?
btw I want to do a business course in uni
Original post by hc!
I got my AS results and theyre English E, Geography C, Business C, ICT A. I was thinking of dropping english and continuing with ICT, Business and Geography but i hear ICT and Business are soft subjects so what should i do?
btw I want to do a business course in uni

This sounds a good plan! Don't worry about soft subjects, it's only the very very top unis that really care about them. They're relevant to your subject which is what they want, you just need to focus on getting the grades now which you're far more likely to in those subjects. Check uni requirements before you apply in case they want maths or something (ie don't apply there) but you should be fine. Good luck, and well done on your results!
Reply 2
Original post by furryface12
This sounds a good plan! Don't worry about soft subjects, it's only the very very top unis that really care about them. They're relevant to your subject which is what they want, you just need to focus on getting the grades now which you're far more likely to in those subjects. Check uni requirements before you apply in case they want maths or something (ie don't apply there) but you should be fine. Good luck, and well done on your results!

Thank you!
I'd probably just drop English if I were you.

Quick Reply

Latest