The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation

Hi! I got my offer today to study at Manchester, but I haven't had any emails from either UCAS or the University of Manchester itself. I was wondering when emails about offers of accommodation are sent.

Thanks,

Scroll to see replies

I haven't had any Emails from University of Manchester either!
Studying Physics.

Edit: Received it now!
(edited 6 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Matheconomics
I haven't had any Emails from University of Manchester either!
Studying Physics.

Edit: Received it now!

I am studying physics too, but still haven't heard anything. What did the email say? Can't see anything in my spam either
Original post by legosass
I am studying physics too, but still haven't heard anything. What did the email say? Can't see anything in my spam either

Some information on accomodation and

"3 main steps to officially register at the University of Manchester: activate your IT account, confirm your attendance and register online"
Original post by Matheconomics
Some information on accomodation and

"3 main steps to officially register at the University of Manchester: activate your IT account, confirm your attendance and register online"

Thanks, haven't got that, but I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow to see if it was delayed or whatever. I'll probably email them tomorrow if I haven't got anything by then.
I still haven't got any contact from them either ugh
Original post by nemanuel96
I still haven't got any contact from them either ugh

Me neither. I guess we just have to wait for a while, because they're probably quite busy today. I'll probably check with them tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything.
Me neither. I guess we just have to wait for a while, because they're probably quite busy today. I'll probably check with them tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything.

I just want them to hurry up so I can pay the £400 deposit that I don't have
Reply 8
Im studying chemistry and havent received any info on accommodation or anything else yet. I think I read somewhere it can take them 2-3 days to contact you or it may even be longer :O
Reply 9
I haven't received any contact yet either, I keep refreshing my email :tongue: I noticed they could do better with their communications
They've been MIA with me too but not too worried, I'll give them a couple of days before I start bugging them
It's nice to know I'm not the only one without contact haha. Yeah, I might pop them an email tomorrow before the weekend just to ask what's happening, but I'm not too worried about it yet!
Update?
Original post by nemanuel96
Update?

I just had an email about an entry scholarship, and on it it said that the email for activation should arrive in late August. It also said that I will hear from the accommodation office in the near future. So it seems that these 2 emails should be coming our way soon!
Reply 14
I just had an email about an entry scholarship, and on it it said that the email for activation should arrive in late August. It also said that I will hear from the accommodation office in the near future. So it seems that these 2 emails should be coming our way soon!

I had an email confirming my place as well by the chemistry school. Another email just came though with my accommodation offer. RIP £400 though :colondollar:
Original post by RyanB98
I had an email confirming my place as well by the chemistry school. Another email just came though with my accommodation offer. RIP £400 though :colondollar:

Haha, I think they're doing the accommodation offers in batches, over the next week or so. I'm quite glad I haven't had my email offer yet, more time to find £400!
I haven't got one for accomodation either, studing Mchem BTW :smile:
Edit: Got School of chemistry conformation
Original post by RyanB98
Im studying chemistry and havent received any info on accommodation or anything else yet. I think I read somewhere it can take them 2-3 days to contact you or it may even be longer :O
Reply 17
Original post by Ashley Harrison
I haven't got one for accomodation either, studing Mchem BTW :smile:
Edit: Got School of chemistry conformation

Ahh nice :smile: Im initially starting the BSc as I didnt meet the requirements but plan on switching to the Mchem after the second year if I get the grades haha
When did people submit their accommodation applications by the way? Because I presume it is first come first serve, I put mine up sometime in June if my memory is correct.
Pretty sure you'll get the grades, You'll probably see me anyways
Original post by RyanB98
Ahh nice :smile: Im initially starting the BSc as I didnt meet the requirements but plan on switching to the Mchem after the second year if I get the grades haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending