PBStudent2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I finally looked at my IGCSE results and I failed 3 subjects, Math D, Physics D, and Art F. What does this mean? I had mostly Bs for all other subjects. Will I have to retake my Math and physics exams? I can't really afford to retake another year of IGCSE because we are moving in 2 years. Any advice?
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PBStudent2000)
I finally looked at my IGCSE results and I failed 3 subjects, Math D, Physics D, and Art F. What does this mean? I had mostly Bs for all other subjects. Will I have to retake my Math and physics exams? I can't really afford to retake another year of IGCSE because we are moving in 2 years. Any advice?
You haven't failed. D's are passes. But I understand why you think that. If you want to go to uni it's worth having at least a C as most unis look for that.

What do you think?
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PBStudent2000)
If you plan on to go to university in the future, grade C which is 4/5 in the new GCSE's in required in GCSE Maths and English typically.
kohlsss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
You haven't failed. D's are passes. But I understand why you think that. If you want to go to uni it's worth having at least a C as most unis look for that.

What do you think?
is grade G a pass
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kohlsss)
is grade G a pass
above a U is recognised as a pass, however, if it's for college/ uni apps they'll probably want to see a C or above depending on course/ criteria
Muhammd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HiI recently wrote IGCSE examI took 5 subjectAnd I failed in 1 out of 5 Do they issue certificate for the 4 subject I passed or not
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Muhammd)
HiI recently wrote IGCSE examI took 5 subjectAnd I failed in 1 out of 5 Do they issue certificate for the 4 subject I passed or not
There's no point in commenting on a year old thread, it's not like the posters are gonna respond. You're better off making a new thread for your query
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, you will get a certificate for the subjects you passed C or above
Muhammd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Muhammd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Waht if I get in 5 subject aas following grad
E
E
G
G
U
Will they issue certificate for the 4 subject I got above grade G
moizmohsin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't depends on how many c you get if you got higher than u it's pass for example I called British council Dubai they said I will get a certificate for all subjects as in the oct/Nov 2018 series I got 3 f and c, E, d
moizmohsin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Waht if I get in 5 subject aas following grad
E
E
G
G
U
Will they issue certificate for the 4 subject I got above grade G
Yes I believe they will as they said on IGCSE centre.com that any grade above u is pass and for the subjects in which you passed you will get the certificate
salll03
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
in my school D is a fail i got 1 C and 3 Ds i mean they aren't perfect🤔
Merjam
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I got 18 points but i don't know if i should include the oral grade.
Merjam
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What about the oral grade is it also included?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?