The Student Room Group

Can a 17 year old do an access to he

I failed my first year in college and now they won't let me retake the year because of a cut in government funds. I am thinking of doing an access course to he. Will universities accept me as an 18/19 year old with an access to he.
Original post by myhi
I failed my first year in college and now they won't let me retake the year because of a cut in government funds. I am thinking of doing an access course to he. Will universities accept me as an 18/19 year old with an access to he.

generally you cant do access till 19 because of funding, how do you feel about a btec or self studying?
Reply 2
Original post by myhi

You have to be at least 19 to start an Access course. I'm also aware that some universities only look at Access courses favourably for the 21+ crowd (some even 25+) but I did have a few friends who were 20 - 24 that got at least a couple of offers :smile:
I was able to start my Access to Higher Education Course when I was 18. Realistically, I was very lucky that they allowed me at that age. Nobody else on my course was the same age as me (Everyone was 20+). I don't think a college would accept an access student at 17.
Reply 4
I'm looking to take the course from open uni ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending