The Student Room Group

Did anyone feel terrible about there Alevel Results?

I feel horrible about my Alevel Results. I got CCD and I was predicted ABB. Not a single person in my history course got higher than a C out of a class of 30. Nor did anyone in my sixth form who did Maths Psychology Physics Chemistry or RE get higher than a C. Is anyone else completely heartbroken by their results.
Original post by jack123498
I feel horrible about my Alevel Results. I got CCD and I was predicted ABB. Not a single person in my history course got higher than a C out of a class of 30. Nor did anyone in my sixth form who did Maths Psychology Physics Chemistry or RE get higher than a C. Is anyone else completely heartbroken by their results.

did you have a university offer?
i got A* A* C BUT STILL GOT INTO UNI

Sorry you're feeling so bad, that's awful that noone got higher than a C. There's not a lot you can do about it unfortunately other than just talk to your teachers, it's a really horrible situation to be in though. What are you feeling about your next steps? You could look at foundation courses in clearing if they're your A2 results?

Hey
Possibly try and appeal or get a remark for some papers if you are close to the next grade :smile:

When i got my results last year i felt exactly the same
I got CCD as well
These are good grades contrary to popular beliefs!!
If you got rejected by both your firm and insurance choices you can call clearing to find a university degree to do
Hope this helps you somewhat
Good luck :smile:
I did my AS and got CCDE and now Idk
What to do? My teachers deffo won't predict me AAA for medicine? 😭
Same I was predicted ABB but got BCC but I had an unconditional so I guess it was fine
I feel you.

I worked so hard throughout the whole year and got ACC when I've been getting A*/As in all my subjects. Initially I felt demotivated when I realised I got better AS results than A2 however what is done is done and I have a place study at Leeds when i really should have been in clearing so today has been bittersweet, I know I could have done better but we must move on.

You are absolutely not alone. I got BCD and i needed ABB to do Pharmacy at Aston. Didnt get into that one, my insurance is Portsmouth but they asked me to send my results and i dont know if they are going to give me an offer. I have called a lot of unis and gotten lots of nos to do the course:ashamed:. I am in that state of disappointment and sadness because i dont know what to do now, I dont know if i should redo some subjects or if i should do something else.:bawling: Thats what scaring me the most, i have no assurance that i am going to uni in september or what to do. Its like i worked so hard for A levels and it slapped me back in the face :frown:
I got the exact same results as you. I was numb for the majority of the morning but the best advice I could give is to not hold any emotions back.
Have a complete emotional breakdown if you feel the need. Then pick yourself up, get onto your tutors about resits or going into clearing. Research apprenticeships or gap years.
Remember you've got options and there's thousands of other students in the exact same boat as you.
But onwards and upwards, y'know?

Quick Reply

Latest