The Student Room Group

Failed one AS level

What happens if I do well in my other two subjects but fail one? i got an E due to horrendous circumstances that happened a few days before the exam, my predictions are high and my teachers know I can get better grades when I do my A2 because in my mocks i got As and i worked very hard, but i'm terrified of the thought of having an E on my uni application, especially when I want to go to Durham which requires 3 As. My other grades were As, it's just this one paper.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by throwawayaw
What happens if I do well in my other two subjects but fail one? i got an E due to horrendous circumstances that happened a few days before the exam, my predictions are high and my teachers know I can get better grades when I do my A2 because in my mocks i got As and i worked very hard, but i'm terrified of the thought of having an E on my uni application, especially when I want to go to Durham which requires 3 As. My other grades were As, it's just this one paper.

Your referee for your university application should be able to explain the low grade you got because of your circumstances in their reference. You could also try contacting the course admissions tutor at Durham to see if they would consider you. Even if you don't end up applying/getting an offer, you may still have an opportunity to go there or another university with higher entry requirements on results day through Adjustment given you meet those high predictions. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest