Baby dolphin dies after being passed around by tourists

Watch this thread
summer1311
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A baby dolphin has died after it washed up on a beach and was subsequently passed around and photographed by tourists in Spain

Photos show a child covering the baby dolphins blow hole and an Eqinac rescuer later holding the dolphins dead body.

Equinac raced to get to the beach once they were alerted, but the dolphin was already dead on their arrival.

They have condemned the "selfish" and "irrational" people and actions which casued the death. An autopsy is to be carried out.

What do you think of this story? Humans seem to be very good at damaging and hurting nature and animals, often more out of lack of awareness than straight malice.

Do you agree with Equinac's statement?

Edit: Link to article
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Heard about this. People are morons. Bet they deleted that selfie anyway.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
This thread reminded of the Inbetweeners movie when Neil accidentally kills a dolphin by feeding it fast food lol.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah it annoying and rage inducing but unless you are a veggie you are complicit in much worse

King Leonidas
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Yeah it annoying and rage inducing but unless you are a veggie you are complicit in much worse

I know I must sound awful but all I see in that photo is Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Classic vegetarian propaganda. What a cheap trick.

I eat meat and eggs, but they don't come from some *****y conditions like this. Just because you're a meat eater doesn't mean you condone animal cruelty. I bet you live in a city and don't have the first idea about farming or animal welfare. Probably never even been on a farm, but think you can sit there in moral superiority over others.
LJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
This happens so often, I'm sure it happens more times than gets reported. Its so sad 😞
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by King Leonidas)
I know I must sound awful but all I see in that photo is Kentucky Fried Chicken.
They microwave the cages to make the popcorn chicken.
BlinkyBill
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by summer1311)
A baby dolphin has died after it washed up on a beach and was subsequently passed around and photographed by tourists in Spain

Photos show a child covering the baby dolphins blow hole and an Eqinac rescuer later holding the dolphins dead body.

Equinac raced to get to the beach once they were alerted, but the dolphin was already dead on their arrival.

They have condemned the "selfish" and "irrational" people and actions which casued the death. An autopsy is to be carried out.

What do you think of this story? Humans seem to be very good at damaging and hurting nature and animals, often more out of lack of awareness than straight malice.

This makes me incredibly sad. There needs to be far more education around the environment and taking care of it. People can be so destructive.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Classic vegetarian propaganda. What a cheap trick.

I eat meat and eggs, but they don't come from some *****y conditions like this. Just because you're a meat eater doesn't mean you condone animal cruelty. I bet you live in a city and don't have the first idea about farming or animal welfare. Probably never even been on a farm, but think you can sit there in moral superiority over others.
Classic "sensible middle aged man" being a twit.

1. I'm not a vegetarian.

2. I don't live in a city.

3. I have been on farms and volunteer in ecology conservation, which involves being in and around farms.

4. That baby dolphin probably had at least as good a life as the stuff that has died so you can eat it.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Classic "sensible middle aged man" being a twit.

1. I'm not a vegetarian.

2. I don't live in a city.

3. I have been on farms and volunteer in ecology conservation, which involves being in and around farms.

4. That baby dolphin probably had at least as good a life as the stuff that has died so you can eat it.
None of this is remotely relevant. If you were able to make a coherent argument, you wouldn't need to resort to making such ludicrous posts comparing meat eaters with battery hen farming. The agenda was boring several years ago - it's not aged well.

I dont' have time for this - there's people getting examination results who need help and guidance. Vegetarian-agenda trolling comes low down on my list of priorities.
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by summer1311)

Edit: Link to article
This really does make me upset .
username1044970
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
****ing instagram generation.
shadowdweller
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It's disturbing that this is a repeated occurrence; people should know better.
Farm_Ecology
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Every one of those people should be in jail.

Whether they were aware of it or not, they contributed to the death of conscious and social animal. As a society, we are far too soft on murderers of this kind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (73)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (146)
37.92%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
28.57%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
14.55%

Watched Threads