Questions about clearing Watch

Reunen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! I just got a verbal offer to study Law LLB at Surrey and I am aware that student halls housing is not guaranteed for those who join via clearing. Has anyone gone through the process and are there any essential dates I should be aware of? Unfortunately I can't attend the clearing open days.

Thanks
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reunen)
Hey! I just got a verbal offer to study Law LLB at Surrey and I am aware that student halls housing is not guaranteed for those who join via clearing. Has anyone gone through the process and are there any essential dates I should be aware of? Unfortunately I can't attend the clearing open days.

Thanks
Hi Reunen!

Congratulations on your offer!! :banana:

I just wanted to add some extra info for you (apologies if you've already been told this on the phone!) We do have a dedicated team who are here to support you with finding off-campus accommodation. Have a look at their website here: www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings, once you’ve had a read through if you need some advice then please give them a call on 01483 68 1111.

In terms of dates you need to know about - if you do decide to apply for campus accommodation anyway then make sure you do so by 21st August, and you should get an update about your application by the end of next week. I would suggest getting started with your off-campus accommodation hunt in the mean time though.

Let us know if we can help with anything else

Emma
Reunen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What are the chances of getting campus accommodation through clearing? I am aware it's slim but is it unheard of?
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reunen)
What are the chances of getting campus accommodation through clearing? I am aware it's slim but is it unheard of?
Hi Reunen,

Firstly, well done on getting a place at Surrey! :banana:

To be completely honest, the chances of getting accommodation if you've come through Clearing/Adjustment aren't that high. This is because students who marked Surrey as their firm choice and applied for accommodation by a certain date are guaranteed uni accommodation, so most of the rooms are likely to be filled in that manner. Any remaining accommodation not allocated to the above group will be prioritised for undergraduate students who met the conditions of their formal academic offer and held the University of Surrey as their insurance choice.

However, students coming through Clearing and Adjustment are still welcome to apply for accommodation if they wish. Please visit our accommodation webpage for more info.

If you don't manage to get a room in uni halls, we do have a dedicated Lettings team who are there to advise students on how to go about finding accommodation in the local area. Once you’ve had a read through the info on the website above, if you still require then please give the team a call on 01483 68 1111 and they'll be happy to help

Lots of students also get rooms through spareroom.co.uk - you can set the filters there to only show rooms available to students Anything within the GU1 and GU2 postcodes should be within walking distance of the uni. GU3 and GU4 postcodes would be good if you wanted to cycle or didn't mind getting a bus into town and then walking 10 minutes to the uni. The surrounding towns of Woking, Godalming, Farnham and Aldershot are also viable options if you don't mind a short train journey to the uni. The train station is only a 10 minute walk from our main Stag Hill campus.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
  • University of Surrey
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Surrey
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads