The Student Room Group

Should I request remarks?

Hello, this post is only for AS-Level exams (which I'm doing), but my results were much lower than I was expecting.

In my mock exams I got B in English Lit (five marks off an A), C in Psychology and D in Music. However, upon opening my results today, I found that I had got a C in English Lit and a D in the other two subjects, even though I felt I had improved a lot since the mock exams. My predicted grades in each subject were also higher than my results.

I'm not sure if this is just on the exam board (AQA) but none of the subjects gave me any specific marks for papers, so I really only know the grade I got. I know these don't count for A-Level but my confidence does feel really knocked, and my predicted grades for next year are likely to be based upon these.

I know I don't post here a lot, but advice would really be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there. I would suggest asking the exam board to print your papers and then hand them over your teacher to mark. Then if you should of gotten higher marks, you should then ask for a remark. This is a more expensive option but it is very safe.
Hey,
I don't post here often either but I think there is a problem with aqa. I did 2 mocks for food tech and achieved A's only missing 10 or so marks. I took the real exam and have found I got a D in the exam and a C overall. I somehow let 32 marks which is beyond me as I felt the exam went well. 3 other members of my class got U's. Luckily I'm hopefully going to get it remarked but I do feel like somethings has gone wrong with aqa.
If these are mocks don't worry. You still have a long time to improve and practice makes perfect as they say. Just try to revise as early as possible and do plenty of practice questions.
hey, I don't post on here either, but I have spoken to some of my teachers about my grades because I felt kind of disappointed by them, only because I was working at B/A grade work throughout the year and then to end up getting Cs and 1 D is something that baffles me. I did go to my exam office in my college to ask for my breakdown, and I found out for all my papers I was between 2-6 UMS marks away from the next grade. I asked for my papers so that I would be able to check over them with my subject teachers, but I'm still unsure if I should get them remarked because I know unis look at my As grades and I'm worried that these grades aren't good enough for me to be able to do what I want at uni. Also, does anyone know the cut off date for asking for remarks from AQA?
Original post by cookielover3
hey, I don't post on here either, but I have spoken to some of my teachers about my grades because I felt kind of disappointed by them, only because I was working at B/A grade work throughout the year and then to end up getting Cs and 1 D is something that baffles me. I did go to my exam office in my college to ask for my breakdown, and I found out for all my papers I was between 2-6 UMS marks away from the next grade. I asked for my papers so that I would be able to check over them with my subject teachers, but I'm still unsure if I should get them remarked because I know unis look at my As grades and I'm worried that these grades aren't good enough for me to be able to do what I want at uni. Also, does anyone know the cut off date for asking for remarks from AQA?

I think it's 21st September for the cut off. Anyway I also was predicted an A for psychology and ended up getting a C which is very disappointing.

Quick Reply

Latest