The Student Room Group

Is BBBB at AS to AAA at A2 unreasonable?

I got Bs in biology, chemistry, maths and history. Dropping maths. Our college predicts one grade up, but would these predictions be unreasonable?
Original post by ellentheweeb
I got Bs in biology, chemistry, maths and history. Dropping maths. Our college predicts one grade up, but would these predictions be unreasonable?

It wouldn't be a prediction if it was impossible :smile:
I got BBUU (accounting, psychology, maths and physics) at AS and at A2 today I got 3 A*s (accounting, psychology and business) so it's definitely possible with hard work :smile: best of luck to you
I went from CCCE at AS to AAA at A2 (did Maths, Physics, Biology).

I got my results today and I was ecstatic. I did a ton of work in the second year and I'm sure, since you got better grades then me at AS, that you're capable of even exceeding that. Just apply yourself and I'm sure you'll get the grades!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Gingerbread101
It wouldn't be a prediction if it was impossible :smile:

The only thing is i want to apply to medicine... I've already looked at unis that dont look at AS as much because I already knew that I wasn't gonna get straight As this year. I'm doubting myself now.
I'm not sure if I should just take the plunge (as I would be predicted AAA and have a 4th b at AS) or see what I get at the end of next year, take a gap year and apply to medicine then.
I've went on an outreach medicine summer school for Lancaster uni and I have a guarenteed interview there, provided I'm predicted AAA with a b at AS (which I have). I've heard that because I've went on the summer school they may be a bit more lenient with grades as well.
I also emailed newcastle uni about their PARTNERS programme (which allows people to get into medicine with ABB) and luckily I qualify!
I do really want to do medicine though. I'm considering quitting my part time job (as I dont really need it, it's just for extra pocket money) and maybe even finding a tutor.
The only thing is i want to apply to medicine... I've already looked at unis that dont look at AS as much because I already knew that I wasn't gonna get straight As this year. I'm doubting myself now.
I'm not sure if I should just take the plunge (as I would be predicted AAA and have a 4th b at AS) or see what I get at the end of next year, take a gap year and apply to medicine then.
I've went on an outreach medicine summer school for Lancaster uni and I have a guarenteed interview there, provided I'm predicted AAA with a b at AS (which I have). I've heard that because I've went on the summer school they may be a bit more lenient with grades as well.
I also emailed newcastle uni about their PARTNERS programme (which allows people to get into medicine with ABB) and luckily I qualify!
I do really want to do medicine though. I'm considering quitting my part time job (as I dont really need it, it's just for extra pocket money) and maybe even finding a tutor.

You can take the plunge now and take a gap year if it isn't successful :smile:

I think this is definitely do-able if you push your self next year you might even get A*'s.

Well done for getting B's in your AS :P

Quick Reply

Latest