Lucofthewoods
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Got BCCD and have been torn for a long time between dropping the subject I got a B in and the subject I got a D in. I didn't revise for them at all so what do you think is the best option? Also do you think these results are good enough for uni applications or should I retake the year? I am more than capable of A's and A*'s when I try, but I just had an awful exam season and basically gave up
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lucofthewoods)
Got BCCD and have been torn for a long time between dropping the subject I got a B in and the subject I got a D in. I didn't revise for them at all so what do you think is the best option? Also do you think these results are good enough for uni applications or should I retake the year? I am more than capable of A's and A*'s when I try, but I just had an awful exam season and basically gave up
i'd drop the D personally
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Given that you've been torn, I would suggest you drop the subject with the D. What subjects are these? If the AS results count towards the A2 grade then retaking a couple of exams would probably help, but you don't have to.
In regard to uni applications, you wouldn't get in at the very top unis as they would expect higher grades however you could still get some good offers for good courses at good unis with these.
Lucofthewoods
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
Given that you've been torn, I would suggest you drop the subject with the D. What subjects are these? If the AS results count towards the A2 grade then retaking a couple of exams would probably help, but you don't have to.
In regard to uni applications, you wouldn't get in at the very top unis as they would expect higher grades however you could still get some good offers for good courses at good unis with these.
The D was the only modular, with a breakdown of BBU (maths) and the rest were linear (Spanish, Chem and bio)
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The D was the only modular, with a breakdown of BBU (maths) and the rest were linear (Spanish, Chem and bio)
With that breakdown you could retake the U and get a higher grade without loads of extra exams so I definitely see your dilema! I think personally I would give up maths anyway as presumably if you struggled with a unit this year then it's only going to get more difficult next year. Perhaps you could see if you could retake the U anyway to get the maths grade up depending on what you want to do at uni.
Spanish is very well respected and will make you stand out as it's not a common combination to have chem, bio and spanish. Of course, this is all assuming you don't need maths for whatever uni course you want to do!
Let me know if I can help any further!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads