The Student Room Group

Help with which subject to drop!

I've just finished Year 12 and am studying Geography, Business Studies, ICT and English Literature

For my mocks I got AAD in Geography, Business and English Lit
Picked up my AS results today and got a B in ICT (was hoping for an A)

I've been thinking of dropping ICT since it isn't really a respected A-Level to have. However, I know I'll get higher grades in ICT than in English. I enjoy English more but am unsure if I'll be able to achieve a B in the subject (what im hoping for)
Reply 1
What are you planning on doing at uni? Drop the one that is least relevant to the course you intend to do.
Original post by Asolare
What are you planning on doing at uni? Drop the one that is least relevant to the course you intend to do.

Either a Geography with Business degree or a Management degree
So neither English or ICT is relevant really although I guess English helps when
writing essays? :s-smilie:

Going to apply to Leeds, York, Nottingham, Sheffield and Newcastle
Original post by Homestucktrash11
So neither English or

I would probably suggest keeping ICT as it is a very useful skill to have when you do business and management, so I would say that unless you think you might do something related to English, ICT would be the one I would keep! It's totally up to you though, both of those A-Levels are good to have so if you really find it difficult to decide based on your university aspirations then choose based on which you find more enjoyable :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Homestucktrash11
So neither English or ICT is relevant really although I guess English helps when
writing essays? :s-smilie:

Going to apply to Leeds, York, Nottingham, Sheffield and Newcastle

Neither of those are particularly related I agree, but English is seen as a much more facilitating subject than ICT (by miles) and will put you in good stead for essays. I think English would be more beneficial to you in this event and I would encourage you to continue it and try very hard to achieve a good grade, but if you wish to continue ICT then it is your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest