The Student Room Group

Modular resits in maths and medicine?

Hi there!
Just got my AS results back and found out I got AAA so can continue with my application for medicine...
However, in my core 1 maths exam I got 75 ums and therefore a B. I think I panicked a bit in this exam cause it was the first one. I did way better in core 2 (91) and stats (97) so I would like to resit core 1 next year to get this up into the 90's. Would this be allowed? I know medical courses don't like resits of a2's, but what about modular resits within the 2 years?
Thanks so much for the help!
Original post by turtle2000
Hi there!
Just got my AS results back and found out I got AAA so can continue with my application for medicine...
However, in my core 1 maths exam I got 75 ums and therefore a B. I think I panicked a bit in this exam cause it was the first one. I did way better in core 2 (91) and stats (97) so I would like to resit core 1 next year to get this up into the 90's. Would this be allowed? I know medical courses don't like resits of a2's, but what about modular resits within the 2 years?

Check with them that they would be happy with the resit, or you could try a remark first just to see what happens :smile:
Hi there!

That should be completely fine.
Hi there!

Wait - why do you want to resit the module? You got the A overall in maths so?...
Reply 4
Original post by Immunology
Wait - why do you want to resit the module? You got the A overall in maths so?...

Basically just to get my ums up higher because the second year of maths is a lot harder...our college suggest we do it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Gingerbread101
Check with them that they would be happy with the resit, or you could try a remark first just to see what happens :smile:

Okay thanks I'll email the unis once I know where I am applying!
Hi there!

That's what i did this year and all the universities i applied to were fine with it. Still no harm in emailing the admissions tutors to double check once you've made your choices.

Quick Reply

Latest